Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost jimi Hendrix album to be released.

• 02-02-2013 8:20pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A new Jimi Hendrix album of previously unreleased material is set to be released in 2013.

The LP entitled "People, Hell And Angels" was recorded in 1968 and 1969. The songs were meant for "First Days Of The New Rising Sun", the follow up to "Electric Ladyland" that Hendrix was working on when he passed away. It is set for release in the US on March 5, 2013 according to Rolling Stone. A UK release date is yet to be set for the new record.(via NME)

Tracks on the record apparently feature Hendrix experimenting with horns, keyboards, percussion and a second guitar.
    Meanwhile, the legendary axeman's set from the 1969 Woodstock festival is set to receive a cinematic release later this month. The show will be screened on November 29 and December 4 at more than 30 cinemas across the UK, and in movie theatres globally.

The gig is being released to celebrate the 70th year of Hendrix's birth and will play alongside the film Live at Woodstock, which features interviews with band members Billy Cox and Mitch Mitchell, as well as engineer Eddie Kramer and Woodstock promoter Michael Lang. Live at Woodstock is directed by Bob Smeaton, whose previous credits include the film Festival Express.
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/lost_jimi_hendrix_album_will_be_released_in_2013.html?no_takeover

Trabopaline!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ray John Robbie Jim

Hello Dudes & Dudettes
    I'm new to boards.ie, but I have to confess that I actually registered over a week ago to post a comment about this EXACT topic. Suffice to say my activation email was lost in the murk of the iSpider's Web... till today.

I've heard the lead track off this 'new release' as being pushed by the record biz execs - "Somewhere". Even though it has some mighty fine musicians doing there inspired thangs on it (Steven Stills on bass etc.), I feel that poor Jimi is rolling in his grave... and I'm not talkin' bout no skinnin' up greens.

He's turning because he was a perfectionist (however sloppy his style some like to pick on); and what I've heard pushed on the airwaves so far is his work-in-progress. It's like someone taking out that unfinished canvas or manuscript of yours and hocking it to the world as your next masterpiece. He would be appalled.

Anyone who knows anything about his Hendrixness would testify that he was always jamming and jamming out his latest riff with anyone who happened to be in the studio at the time (and the tape was always rolling - maybe with a little green involved this time). He would work endlessly on something until that master take could be attempted. In fact that's why they built him Electric Ladyland Studios, to cut back on the fortune being spent on studio time hire.

It's nice to here work in progress but to actually edit it down and HOCK IT as his latest new release is pushing it. Milk it and milk it. They still got poor Jimi working on the chain - let him go back to Andromeda or at least give him a holiday.

Sorry, rant done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Indeed, there have been more "lost" tapes albums than I have had hot dinners, there was a steady stream of dodgy unauthorised ones in the 70s and 80s. Not to say they are without interest but how many are essential?

http://www.brianhartzog.com/jimi-hendrix/jimi-hendrix-discography-compilations.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

I agree with the sentiments expressed above- saying that, I'll probably still purchase it when it's released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Deschain

This is the second album in 3 years they have released under Jimi's name. I didn't listen to the last one and I will not be listening to this one either. Jimi Hendrix's last album was Electric Ladyland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

Deschain wrote: »
    This is the second album in 3 years they have released under Jimi's name. I didn't listen to the last one and I will not be listening to this one either. Jimi Hendrix's last album was Electric Ladyland.

Agreed. Why they feel the need to continually milk the cash cow is beyond me. Surely the Hendrix estate has made enough money over the years not to have to release stuff like this.

Having said that, I havent listened to it, anyone know if its worth the time? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I agree with the sentiments expressed above- saying that, I'll probably still purchase it when it's released.

Yeah sums me up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Anyone listened to this album yet? Had a couple of listens there, very enjoyable. Nice to hear some new Hendrix.

Advertisement