Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZDF

Options
  • 02-02-2013 6:05am
    Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Can somebody talk about the likes of ZDF and other German broadcasters? Is ZDF right wing like RTE, BBC, SKY and FOX? What do average Germans think of their TV? Also, what are popular TV shows in Germany?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Can somebody talk about the likes of ZDF and other German broadcasters? Is ZDF right wing like RTE, BBC, SKY and FOX? What do average Germans think of their TV? Also, what are popular TV shows in Germany?

I know, they like them Celebrity shows in Germany, as well as Court Dramas (the likes of Judge Judy)...and of course football. But it's hard to pick a certain programme, it all depends on age, gender, etc., like in any other country ;)

And the ZDF? Very much dominated by the conservative Christian Democrats, so some sort of Blueshirt Channel :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You'll have to start watching Tatort, Sunday evenings, its a long running detective show with different branches all over the german speaking area. Including Austrian tv I find police/detective shows to be very popular, both homegrown and American

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

You'll have to start watching Tatort, Sunday evenings, its a long running detective show with different branches all over the german speaking area. Including Austrian tv I find police/detective shows to be very popular, both homegrown and American

So much better than Polizeiruf 110!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Any idea where I can watch Tatort online? A good few students have said it will help me with my German but I think it will be better if there were some subtitles but still I would like to check it out.

The idea is a great one but because of all the regional channels for each state we have to pay a large amount of tax for TV which is now going to be 18 Euro per month I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Any idea where I can watch Tatort online? A good few students have said it will help me with my German but I think it will be better if there were some subtitles but still I would like to check it out.
    Tatort is very good. It's usually streamed live but archives are here too: http://www.ardmediathek.de/sendung/tatort?documentId=602916

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

The idea is a great one but because of all the regional channels for each state we have to pay a large amount of tax for TV which is now going to be 18 Euro per month I heard.

If you like the Tatort Facebook page they generally throw up a link each Sunday that it on just before 19:15 Irish time and give a short description.

Facebook page is:
    https://m.facebook.com/Tatort?id=33214866692&_rdr

The link that you can watch it live on is: livedaserste.de

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Cool_CM wrote: »
    So much better than Polizeiruf 110!

I was actually watching that a few minutes ago, defo no Tatort, but watchable enough, the East German setting for the early stuff is interesting

Has anyone else here ever seen Schnell Ermittelt?

Advertisement