Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To postgrad or not to postgrad!

Options
  • 02-02-2013 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I am currently in my third tear of my Computer Science degree and NUIG and its about time I start thinking about what to do after college.

I didn't know whether to put this thread in IT certs or postgrads, but I figured you guys would know more about the industry, move if need be!

Anyway, I am contemplating doing a masters after college VS getting a job. As the IT sector is doing very well currently, I would be expecting to get a job once I get out of college (Most people currently are offered positions before they finish). I would have 8 months work experience by then, 3 in IBM, 5 in Intel.

The big question is though, would a masters be worth doing?

Also, it could be possible to get a job with a company and then have them sponsor a masters for me (I *think*, I dont know how common this is anymore).

Any feedback is much appreciated :)

Barry.

Advertisement