Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange flowers for wedding?

Options
  • 01-02-2013 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi All,I'm getting married in Sligo in May and am searching for someone to do the flowers for me. I have contacted a few florists and the quotes are approx. €500 - 700. Am thinking now maybe if i get flowers myself and someone to arrange them for me. Any recomendations on people who do this and the approx. charge? Also any idea how many flowers i need for arrangements & bouquets?thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

have u tried out of town florists as they tend to be cheaper...what about the local altar group in the church your getting married in... they may be delighted to help and 'do up the altar' with your flowers into the bargain.

Also i remember someone telling me about buying the flowers themselves from the wholesalers in the Dublin Wholesale market, shipping them WHEST in the back of the car and spent a couple of hours doing up church and bringing some displays to Hotel...

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

you're right sligo camper, well known florists in town are the dearest qoute so far. but the one from colooney and carrick are quite expensive as well. buying the flowers is grand, can do that very reasonably but i need someone to arrange and deliver to hotel for me... wouldnt be able to do them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Mac0783 wrote: »
    you're right sligo camper, well known florists in town are the dearest qoute so far. but the one from colooney and carrick are quite expensive as well. buying the flowers is grand, can do that very reasonably but i need someone to arrange and deliver to hotel for me... wouldnt be able to do them myself.

Could you get friends to do that for you? It might be an idea. For my wedding years ago we set it all up the night before.
    It also might be worth checking this place: http://www.leitrimflowers.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=65
    The flowers are beautiful. They sell at the Sligo Farmers Market on a Saturday if you wanted a look.

thanks for reply Magnumlady, just had a look at their website, :eek::eek::eek: the prices! lovely flowers but outrageous prices. My max budget is €400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

My brother used Leitrim flowers for his wedding and they are amazing. I know he didn't spend more than your €400 budget but I don't know exactly how much he paid. The have a stall at the farmers market in Sligo. My mother went there chatted with them and got a deal so maybe you could try that?
    I'll ask her when she finishes work how much it was.

• Advertisement

Hi hobbit, that would be great thank you. Where is the farmers market in Sligo and when does it be on?

I can't believe there's no one in sligo who arranges flowers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Hi hobbit, that would be great thank you. Where is the farmers market in Sligo and when does it be on?

I can't believe there's no one in sligo who arranges flowers!

The Sligo Farmers Market is on at the Sligo IT, Saturdays from 9-1

ya i found the flower club and emailed them, lovely lady but she won't arrange flowers i've bought myself and surprise surprise she's as dear as a florists, so no help at all. but thanks for suggestion :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

ya i found the flower club and emailed them, lovely lady but she won't arrange flowers i've bought myself and surprise surprise she's as dear as a florists, so no help at all. but thanks for suggestion :o
    Bitch!

From a man who tried to help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Get your friends to do it and look at web for help very easy and cheaper.

red sean wrote: »
    Bitch!

From a man who tried to help!

What?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Hi Mac, did you get anyone else, here is a local person that does wedding flowers, might be of help:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wedding-Flowers-Andrea-Sheridan/195633950462281

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Did you get my pm?

I did Hobbit, thanks for advice. am meeting with Collooney florist this week, she seems most reasonable, still dear though. :(

Advertisement