Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone has expirience with dual plate?

Options
  • 01-02-2013 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi,
    Now it made me wounder.If I am going to get the dual mounting plate and use it with CG5 mount how to I allign the stars for go to?If I am to mount it then the head will be 90 degrees off from starting point, and the mount has markings for start up position.Or just make the correction for the first star as it should be way off and the mount will know what's happening?or there is a setting on the hand held that I couldn't find as the manual doesn't say anything....
    Your help will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Set your mount to index positions as normal and then turn the dec axis through 90° so your scope is pointing roughly in the direction of polaris. It'll figure out which way is up as you go through the alignment/calibration routine.

I've not used a dual plate, but I imagine that should work just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Nerro

Yah i was thinking the same.Thought maybe someone had any experience with that.Some mounts have the meniu for a wedge thought it should be simillar.

What scopes are you putting on it? :)

Tzetze wrote: »
    What scopes are you putting on it? :)
    oh small ones.
    Ascension 80mm triplet along with canon 500d and ST80 with LVI smartguider on other side.
    good weather forcasted for tonight so getting ready :)

Ohh a triplet.. nice. :)
    Just loaded the car. Some dinner soon, then off to a dark site for as long as the weather plays ball. :pac:

• Advertisement

Tzetze wrote: »
    Ohh a triplet.. nice. :)
    Just loaded the car. Some dinner soon, then off to a dark site for as long as the weather plays ball. :pac:
    Heh same here.looking forward for some new images

• Registered Users Posts: 29 brianzilla

Can you put up a picture of your setup?

brianzilla wrote: »
    Can you put up a picture of your setup?
    you know i dont actually have one but will set it up and take one.

Advertisement