Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

basics

Options
  • 01-02-2013 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Would people on here join a basics type group if it was set up in Ireland,
    if so what kind of system would you like used and what kind of call outs
    would you like to attend or what types of help would you like there help on

Here is the basics website for those looking for more info
    http://www.basics.org.uk

Bob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

with all the cuts, we'll be lucky to have basic care

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ambo112

I feel strongly that Ireland should have the equivalent or that the charity should branch into Ireland. A lot of Pre-Hospital Practitioners, Nurses, Doctors etc... would be more than wiling to respond to emergency on a vol basis as would i.

The only frustration is that there is no point of contact for this type of role. Basics could be that point of contact. They also give responders the capabilities of blue light response which is the essential difference between community based and a Baisc type model - time is critical. The sooner we can get care to a patient the better vol or otherwise.

Would love to see it come to Ireland, but thats wishful thinking.

As for incidents, i think any incident within the scope of the individual responder i.e. CFR - cardiac arrests, Paramedic - All Incidents etc...

Is there any sign of something like this starting up anywhere in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭resus

Cork leading the way. Group of Prehospital Emergency Medicine (PHEM) doctors managed out of CUH Emergency Department under Prof Cusack. A number of different models operating voluntarily under this system on behalf of National Ambulance Service; including the response car out of CUH, as well as North, East and West Cork cars. East Cork has had a response for nearly 40 years! West Cork Rapid Response is a charity, now 5 years in existence. www.westcorkrapidresponse.ie

That's excellent!! The more of that the better, can only hope it spreads like wildfire throughout the country!!!! Brilliant job by all involved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement