Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charger/Mi Wadi/Advice/Help!

Options
  • 31-01-2013 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭

So I just dropped the end of my Macbook charger (the bit that goes into the laptop) in some Mi Wadi. What can happen!?!??! :(

Also the indicator light came on and turned orange when it was in there.

I'm scared to put it back into the laptop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Also the indicator light came on and turned orange when it was in there.
    Sorry, but lol!

If anything electrical goes into a sugary solution it will probably be completely ruined, sorry. I'd leave it unplugged for a couple of days and then try it when it's fully dried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Gordon wrote: »
    Sorry, but lol!

If anything electrical goes into a sugary solution it will probably be completely ruined, sorry. I'd leave it unplugged for a couple of days and then try it when it's fully dried out.

My curiosity got the better of me, I dried it with a paper towel (also vigorously blew into it like a nes cartridge) and plugged it back in... Currently working as normal(!)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Oh cool :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Must have been sugar free Mi Wadi so! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

faceman wrote: »
    Must have been sugar free Mi Wadi so! ;)
    It's blackcurranty goodness can do no wrong it seems :P

Reminds me of the Bill Bailey bit in Black Books when his office manager questions him.
    "I have them on disk, I would have emailed them, but there was a lot of... clink on the... stuffer expander. And the plug went in some Tizer."

• Advertisement
Advertisement