Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sage vat code question

Options
  • 31-01-2013 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hope someone can help me as I don't have sage support contract and they won't help me. I use sage 50. At beginning of year I changed T9 (default 0) to 9% vat for food sales, not realising that T9 was a default code. Now I need to do my RTD for the year but my code for T9 shows sales at 9% as well as all the nominal journals, payments etc under T9. Is there a way i can change this without having to go through each transaction. HELP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

The T9 code should be at zero as it is intended to be used for non vat purchases.

Unfortunately there is no short cut here. You will need to firstly set up a new vat rate and set it at 9%. Next you will need to change your T9 vat code back to 0% and check that you have un-ticked the 'include in VAT return' option.

You will then need to go in to any transactions you processed as T9 vat code and change them to the new vat rate you set up for 9%.

Please take a backup of your data before you do any of the above.

If you need any assistance with this, if you have a technical support contract the support team will be able to help you with how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 adev

Thanks for your help. I thought that might be my only option

Advertisement