Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual Memory Benchmarking

Options
  • 31-01-2013 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Can anybody recommend benchmarking software that would be able to test the performance impact that increased virtual memory would bring.

Been searching for the past while but nothing seems to consider virtual memory at all.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

the performance impact that increased virtual memory would bring.

There is no such benchmark software, as increasing the virtual memory does not have any performance impact. Just let Windows handle it, "nobody does it better." ;)

If you want to increase the performance, move the page file to another hard drive (a physical disk, not another partition) as this will split the workload. But you may want to keep a small pagefile on the C: drive (memory dump in case of a crash only works on C:, IIRC).

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2 Hell and Back

I probably should have mentioned this is for a college assignment, been asked to modify the swap file to improve the performace of the machine and verify it by means of a benchmarking tool.

I found this software called passmark software so I am going to try this and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Advertisement