Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And we're off...

Options
  • 31-01-2013 2:17pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Tablets forum folks. As a quick intro what tablet do you have? I recently purchased a Ployer Mom8 tablet from Amazon. It is an Android Jelly Bean one with a pretty decent spec. I'm very happy with the purchase :) .
    So folks, what kind of tablet do you have? :) ...

Nick

What Tablet(s) do you own 69 votes

Apple iPad
    0%
    Google Android
    21%
    phreakGavManBravadinr3nu4lGran Hermanopodger456JarrenFloatingVoterPlowmanmeoklmrk91alexlyonsDazzaStavro MuellerGreyEagleRIALTO1 15 votes
    Microsoft Surface
    60%
    Tazz TlivEwirEgod's toySkerriesionapaulKhannierobinphciaran76yoyoProxysmasheyBandana boywillietherockDo-moredaffy_ducGran HermanoHogzypodger456cwboyilldoit2morrow 42 votes
    Blackberry Playbook
    2%
    WalkmanNeffa2 2 votes
    HP Touchpad
    5%
    geraardokerederncookie1977GreenWolfe 4 votes
    Other
    8%
    god's toyDo-morekeredernFiskarstevekavoMoyglish 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭pah

Microsoft Surface
    sweet.

Have original iPad 64gb wi-fi, now the property of my kids really.

got Samsung galaxy note 10.1 16gb white for Christmas, paid €280 in the end after argos had a sale and I got €50 of an argos voucher and €50 cashback ;)

Also have the note 2 as my daily driver mobile

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

Google Android
    just bought a 16gb iPad (with retina) 3G and WiFi last friday.

Very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

HP Touchpad
    Playbook and love it. Cant wait until the smart phone versions of the playbook OS launch either. Thanks for setting this up!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Google Android
    Mine is the original 16 Gb Apple iPad. A company I worked for gifted one to everyone in the company a few years ago following a pretty successful year. The screen is scratched and the aluminium case is buckled...that's what happens when a 2 year old uses it for her apps. Still love it but if I had the cash I'd buy a Google Nexus 7 for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I have a Sony tablet S 32gb. I love it, and pretty much take it everywhere I go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Other
    Got a Hp touchpad in the firesale and it's been used practically every day since. Only recently got around to loading android on it.

Also have two more tablets for the kids, a Cube U20GT which I would highly recommend and a Yuandao N90S which I wouldn't (poor screen and very poor wifi).

If I had the money I'd like to try a MS surface or maybe a Chinese tab running Win8.

Great to have a dedicated tablet forum it's bound to be a great success and great not to have to trawl through all the phone posts that I have no interest in.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Google Android
    Bought IPAD 3 last March on adverts ,used for a few weeks and currently sitting in the attic unused :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Microsoft Surface
    Jarren wrote: »
    Bought IPAD 3 last March on adverts ,used for a few weeks and currently sitting in the attic unused :pac:

Offer a fiver.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Microsoft Surface
    cookie1977 wrote: »
    Playbook and love it. Cant wait until the smart phone versions of the playbook OS launch either.

Super impressed with BB10. Looks like a really solid competitor to the other two (/me silently rules out windows :pac:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Google Android
    Khannie wrote: »
    Offer a fiver.

You remind me of those folk on Adverts.ie :pac:

On serious note ,will be travelling to the Far East in a 7 weeks ,it should come handy for watching movies on the go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

HP Touchpad
    Khannie wrote: »
    Super impressed with BB10. Looks like a really solid competitor to the other two (/me silently rules out windows :pac:).

Fingers crossed. BB10 will come eventually to the PlayBook too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I have quite a few...............panadols ! ooops wrong forum :o:p

Seriously tho, I got the kids tablets for Xmas this year, an Innotab & the Meep.
    It's fair to say I need some of the tablets mentioned above, ie. panadols, after the hassle I had trying to set the 'things' up ! My main problem is I don't have a wireless router, and hence the smooth running off these tablets is stopped before it can even start.

One thing I'll say about the Meep is now that I have it registered/working/controls-set-up/things-downloaded it works pretty well.
    She now has loads of games/apps/music/camera/eBook-reader, so it keeps her occupied and educated & most importantly out of harms way when needed !

Note: anyone with Qs about the Meep, perhaps set up a separate thread & I'll try to help :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Microsoft Surface
    Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and original iPad (waiting for work to refresh the iPad)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

between the missus and myself I have an ipad 2, G9 archos 10.1 (absolute muck), nexus 7 and some random cheap 7 inch chinese tablet but wouldn't mind giving a windows tablet a go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Microsoft Surface
    32gb Nexus 7(Incrediible device!!!) and of course my firesale 32gb HP Touchpad running CM10 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

livEwirE wrote: »
    32gb Nexus 7(Incrediible device!!!)
    what do ya do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Microsoft Surface
    Nexus 7 16GB and an Ainol Aurora (damn you bargain alerts thread) which i have since given to my Mum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭GreyEagle

Microsoft Surface
    Thanks for starting this thread.
    Wife has an iPad which she loves.
    I need a 7" tablet for travel, but must it have either an SD or Micro Sd slot for photos & video from my camera. That means I need plenty of memory.
    Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Microsoft Surface
    GreyEagle wrote: »
    I need a 7" tablet for travel, but must it have either an SD or Micro Sd slot for photos & video from my camera. That means I need plenty of memory.
    Any suggestions?

If you just need read access with the memory card get a Nexus 7, you can view video and photos on the memory card using an USB OTG cable/card reader and 'nexus media importer' app.

Microsoft Surface
    I wrote down my minimum spec, a fairly short list. Then I bought the best value machine that does the job. That turned out to be the Versus Touchpad 7, €99.95 + an 8Gb MicroSD and a generic case. Should do the job. It also has a cable to connect a USB memory stick as a useful extra. I'm in the process of downloading apps. I'll let y'all know how I get on.

• Advertisement

Microsoft Surface
    Update on Versus Touchpad 7.
    Up and running with email, browser etc. Got a good app for Docs, Kingsoft Office which allows me to save and modify Excel spreadsheets. Mini USB very useful to access USB memory stick. Battery not the Mae West but I have a MiniGorilla to sort that. No 3G, but that is a minor issue with wifi now so widely available.
    What I do need is photo editing software which allows me to resize images for the web while retaining the original full-sized files in memory. Any suggestions?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Microsoft Surface
    Update on Versus Touchpad 7.
    Up and running with email, browser etc. Got a good app for Docs, Kingsoft Office which allows me to save and modify Excel spreadsheets. Mini USB very useful to access USB memory stick. Battery not the Mae West but I have a MiniGorilla to sort that. No 3G, but that is a minor issue with wifi now so widely available.
    What I do need is photo editing software which allows me to resize images for the web while retaining the original full-sized files in memory. Any suggestions?

Nice find with Kingsoft Office, looks like a really handy app :) .

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Other
    Any suggestions?

HP Slate 7 due out in April in the US and looking to be 30 quid cheaper than the Nexus 7, with SD slot

Microsoft Surface
    Fiskar wrote: »
    HP Slate 7 due out in April in the US and looking to be 30 quid cheaper than the Nexus 7, with SD slot

Thanks Fiskar,
    As above, I got a Versus Touchpad 7 which I'm beginning to come to grips with. It certainly does not print!:(

I can save to a MicroSD but not to a memory stick. It seems the USB is only for taking stuff from. So I have started saving pics to the Cloud:)

While it does what I need, it is a bit 'entry level'. I still have not found a good photo editor that will resize, so for the moment I have lowered the size of photo that I take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

The Slate is priced at £129 from the UK store and available for preorder, not sure if the ship to Ireland but one could always use Parcel motel or the likes.

Advertisement