Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keep seeing the number 3:16

Options
  • 31-01-2013 10:27am
    Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

It's been going on years. I see it on the Sky tv clock, my cd player, anything with the digital time. I used to like wrestling and Austin 3:16 was a gimmick, there's also John 3:16 which I have never read.

It's uncanny the number of times I've seen it. I want some thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

heres an experiment to try. Randomly look at the clock and take a note of the time. then see how often you start seeing that number. Its seems to be a thing with us humans, once we start to notice one thing, we keep noticing it - especially number combinations.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

This has been discussed here in the past, in relation to 9:11 if I recall. I used to see that number all the time too. But no more. I think it is as maccored says, you only notice it when its significant, and your brain skims over every other time you see numbers that arent this particular one.

Its like red mini syndrome. Once you start looking you see them everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Confirmation bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Don't know about seeing 3.16, but I heard years ago that if you keep seeing 11:11, your guardian angel is around you (if you believe in that sort of thing).
    I do see that a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

I see 11:11 several times every day without fail. Freaked me out at the start but it's been happening for years and nothing has come of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Is the guardian angle thing the only explanation for the whole 11:11 buzz? The reason I ask is I know nothing about it and I have at least two people on facebook that I'm considering deleting because they're obsessed with posting it incessantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Me and my hubbie keep seeing 2222. Endless examples of it. Between Laurel and Hardy's door numbers in one of their shorts. In an episode of Lost, on a diary or something. On an atm receipt my hubbie got. Taxi numberplates in Florida, all around as at one stage. A first aid helpline in a factory my oh used to work in. I could go on all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Is the guardian angle thing the only explanation for the whole 11:11 buzz? The reason I ask is I know nothing about it and I have at least two people on facebook that I'm considering deleting because they're obsessed with posting it incessantly.

I know nothing else about it, sorry. I just vaguely remember some "spiritual" person on This Morning a few years ago answering viewer questions and one was "Why do I keep seeing 11:11 all the time".

Her response was that it was your guardian angel who's in your presence.
    That's all I know. Feel free to now delete those friends :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭saabsaab

For Info:

John 3:16 is very short reads, 'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

333 haunted me and my friends for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

for me its 444 ...several times i have woken up in the middle of the night and i look at my digital clock its 4.44, when i'm driving in my car i glance at my trip computer and i'm doing 44.4 mpg, just the other day i got an important phone call at 4.44

just hope its a coincidence and nothing sinister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭john.west

fryup wrote: »
    when i'm driving in my car i glance at my trip computer and i'm doing 44.4 mpg

They're never accurate though. To get your true mpg figure your best to brim the car and reset your trip computer at the same time. Wait until the fuel light comes on again and take note of how many litres it takes to brim it and also note the mileage on your trip computer. Convert the litres into gallons. Divide the mileage covered by the number of gallons taken to fill the car....sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

but what if it comes to 44.4 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Then I suggest you run!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Confirmation bias

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

555 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Ann22 wrote: »
    Me and my hubbie keep seeing 2222. Endless examples of it. Between Laurel and Hardy's door numbers in one of their shorts. In an episode of Lost, on a diary or something. On an atm receipt my hubbie got. Taxi numberplates in Florida, all around as at one stage. A first aid helpline in a factory my oh used to work in. I could go on all night.

I also note 22 or 22.22 its something I've always noticed, and thought about... weird.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,888 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

PlainP wrote: »
    I also note 22 or 22.22 its something I've always noticed, and thought about... weird.....

Same here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Something I was looking at today, I was opening a new bank account and my pay slip is 1666.66 before tax, is tax saving me, I am not joking, I did notice it before but never thought anything about it untill today, I think I am a good person but does this say something different about me? that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SoLongMikey

yeah I get 3:16 too. itsweird comes and goes with me. just give someone a stunner next time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement