Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late For FÁS. Will They Reduce My Pay?

Options
  • 31-01-2013 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I don't have a car so I have to take a bus to FÁS every morning and the course starts at 8:30 and my bus doesn't arrive till closer to 9:00.
    I talked to the teacher but he just said to find a way to be earlier?
    I get the earliest bus from my town so there is no way i can make it any earlier.

Will i get docked for being MAX 30min late every day?
    I need the money!

What do you think i should do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

You might...you might not.

I was in fas for my apprenticeship a few years ago, there was a clock in system but sometimes if your were late you could get away with it!

They are within their rights to dock you...probably won't help if your late every single day! They my not though, you'll have yo wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rozzwazz

there is a clock in the system here too...

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

In fairness there is nothing you can do. Get a copy of the bus timetable and show them there are no buses available. However if there is an earlier bus I suggest you get up earlier and get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rozzwazz

maryk123 wrote: »
    In fairness there is nothing you can do. Get a copy of the bus timetable and show them there are no buses available. However if there is an earlier bus I suggest you get up earlier and get it.

Thanks ill do that! and no there's no earlier one.

Advertisement