Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEED HHELP FROM PEATS or PEOPLE FAMILIAR WITH PEATS!!!

Options
  • 31-01-2013 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

my gtx 580 wont display anything on the screen but the fans spin up. it was bought in peats and still has the original sticker with the barcode and the refrence number or whatever it is still on the original box. I didnt overclock it or anything and theres no dust or anything in it. Would i be able to RMA it if thats possible ? I have no money to spend on another card because of college :( im literally freaking out right now !!

Thanks
    -Daniel:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Daniel.D

im going to sleep for college but ill check for replies in the morning. thank you to any that can help

• Registered Users Posts: 81,825 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Daniel.D wrote: »
    my gtx 580 wont display anything on the screen but the fans spin up. it was bought in peats and still has the original sticker with the barcode and the refrence number or whatever it is still on the original box. I didnt overclock it or anything and theres no dust or anything in it. Would i be able to RMA it if thats possible ? I have no money to spend on another card because of college :( im literally freaking out right now !!

Thanks
    -Daniel:(
    Priorities are a bitch, aren't they?

This is the world telling you to show a little more responsibility: being in college is important, school is important. So why do you want to be broke-ass-poor for the sake of being able to play games in higher fidelity? I don't know about you but even as a gamer, I get no game-time in while school is in session.

Peats.com, Refund Policy:
    Note: these terms apply to goods purchased online only. If you are not satisified with your purchase you may return the items within 28 days of purchase. Returns should be made in the original, undamaged packaging, and we reserve the right to withold a percentage of the refund value of returned goods if the product or packaging is in such a condition that the item needs to be reduced in price for resale. All shipping expenses for returned or exchanged goods are at the customer's expense. Returns will not be accepted without a Return Authorisation number which must be obtained from us prior to return.

I'll assume you've already tried all the usual troubleshooting methods. A lack of signal if you've never had a signal suggests you might be using the wrong output connection: a DVI/VGA/HDMI slot on the Motherboard will, on a lot of configurations/brands, become dead ports when a GPU is installed; you will need to have your video cable plugged into the GPU. Also, remove the GPU to test that the motherboard can still display video on it's own.

Overheal wrote: »

This is the world telling you to show a little more responsibility: being in college is important, school is important. So why do you want to be broke-ass-poor for the sake of being able to play games in higher fidelity? I don't know about you but even as a gamer, I get no game-time in while school is in session.

I'll assume you've already tried all the usual troubleshooting methods. A lack of signal if you've never had a signal suggests you might be using the wrong output connection: a DVI/VGA/HDMI slot on the Motherboard will, on a lot of configurations/brands, become dead ports when a GPU is installed; you will need to have your video cable plugged into the GPU. Also, remove the GPU to test that the motherboard can still display video on it's own.

I don't want to go broke ass poor for games got it before I started college in September. Also its my only desktop I do computing I NEED that card not just for games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I don't want to go broke ass poor for games got it before I started college in September. Also its my only desktop I do computing I NEED that card not just for games

Does the LED on your monitor go into standby colour (usually orange) or does it stay on? Does your OSD work? (trying to rule out a monitor issue here).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

cartoon04dad-470x323.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Thanks dad

I lol'd. :D

Yeah ive done all that troubleshooting. Graphic cards should be different you have to be able to return them for RMA

Khannie wrote: »
    I lol'd. :D

So did I xD

• Registered Users Posts: 81,825 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Getting old :rolleyes:
    Yeah ive done all that troubleshooting. Graphic cards should be different you have to be able to return them for RMA
    You may need to consult the gpu manufacturer outside of the vendor return policy. I did this with some skullcandy cans I got in compustore when I lived in carlow. To skullcandy's credit they arranged it for compustore to give me a same day replacement.

Hey guys I found out that gainward don't do direct rma. and I have no way to prove to peats its mine :/ gunna have to leave it that that. thanks to everyone for replying however :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Hey guys I found out that gainward don't do direct rma. and I have no way to prove to peats its mine :/ gunna have to leave it that that. thanks to everyone for replying however :)

Bank card statement or receipt?

Advertisement