Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone ride trials motorcycles in Mayo?

Options
  • 31-01-2013 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Looking for anyone that rides a bit of trials around the county. Just got a bike for myself and my 10 year old, and looking forward to hitting some trails this summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Looking for anyone that rides a bit of trials around the county. Just got a bike for myself and my 10 year old, and looking forward to hitting some trails this summer.

Are there any suitable trails around Mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jamierooney

There are, but mostly mountain/commanage trails.
    Everytrail.com is worth a visit. I've been using it to locate suitable spots for days out. Coillte are not terribly helpful in relation to the use of their recreational land for this purpose - trials clubs around the country do make use of this method, but its fine if clubs have insurance etc..
    J

I'll take a look at that site. Spent a day trail riding in the Canaries last year, was great fun til I went arse over tit and fractured the pelvis.. been meaning to have another go.

gbob wrote: »
    I'll take a look at that site. Spent a day trail riding in the Canaries last year, was great fun til I went arse over tit and fractured the pelvis.. been meaning to have another go.

Is it motocross/trail bikes you're on about, or trials?

Is it motocross/trail bikes you're on about, or trials?

Motorbike.. well the 23yr old klr that barely passes as one anyway.

• Advertisement

gbob wrote: »
    Motorbike.. well the 23yr old klr that barely passes as one anyway.

No bother. I'm sure a KLR would have no problem tackling most of the trails you could find in Mayo.
    Where you located Gbob?

No bother. I'm sure a KLR would have no problem tackling most of the trails you could find in Mayo.
    Where you located Gbob?

Mayo. And I've had a quick look at the site you mentioned and nothing is jumping out at me, am I missing something?

Advertisement