Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riversuck.

Options
  • 31-01-2013 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

:mad:Tortured with more rain will we get a bloody dry week or two to fish the river this year?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

its been in flood for 80% of the time since last june, disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Suckfisher

Ya had one lovely day last Feburary river level was low and weed was nearly non existant had a couple of great days action.
    Was hoping for a week or twos frost to get the level down.

Have set the goal of fishing every yard of the river this year from source.
    Have already fished from ballinasloe to where it enters the shannon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Mate whats the fishing like in around ballinasloe itself? i no around the fords is good but i have never gone further. does any salmon still go up the suck? does poolboy mill produce any salmon i read in a book its a man made fishery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Suckfisher

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Mate whats the fishing like in around ballinasloe itself? i no around the fords is good but i have never gone further. does any salmon still go up the suck? does poolboy mill produce any salmon i read in a book its a man made fishery?

Correen Ford and Rileys ford well Rileys Ford is no more was a beautiful piece of water.
    A fast stretch where you could walk out to on waders and float a worm down catching lots of perch bream the odd eel salmon used lie there before making there way upstream then deep slow water onto a massive bend.
    Its all gone now dredged to allow a handful of poxy tourist boats up to ballinasloe.

Im sure there is the odd salmon still running but dont think fishing for them is viable.
    Im in dublin now so dont get to fish much but when the waters high i find it a waste of time.
    Bloody river floods so easily it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea the same mate i am only 40 mins from there and often wondered after a great night in blakes bar what the fishing would be like:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Used to be a great pike river and still produced decent fish...
    I never got to fish it In its heyday though .

Advertisement