Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dry

Options
  • 30-01-2013 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

so ive kicked the drink again, ive lost count of how many times and dunno how long it will last this time, i dont feel GREAT just prefer waking up without the hangover, i only drank the weekends but a one night session leaves me lifeless for 2 days.
    i returned from the states afew years ago and im finding it tough, i didnt drink a hole lot out there because i worked and the sun shined 360 days a year. but after afew weeks here i lived for gettin locked the weekends and talkin ****e and battled threw the hangovers. givin up is always on my mind alchol has ruined my aul lads life and ours while we were younger, but since i moved back i see him drinking himself into an early grave. and i dont want it to do the same to me
    i live in on rural mayo and the only social scene is a few local pubs. im planning to immigrate again as i see no future here, its sad as i was determent to make ago of it. i wonder sometimes if i didnt get the notorious 2 day hangover and was bright eyed and bushy tailed the next day then id be able to just blend in and live the irish way... anyways thats a bit of a rant,
    any thing happening around mayo or galway, would be cool to hang out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Only you know what you really want to do luudawg,There is no easy way to stop drinking alcohol,It is all down to oneself,There are hundreds of things you can do alone if you put your mind to it,and eventually your whole social circle will change and you will be around like minded people.good luck in any case.

Advertisement