Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betfair Cashout problem

Options
  • 30-01-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Lads I'm wondering if ye can help me here

I layed the draw in the Arsenal Liverpool match today. As soon as Liverpool went 2 up the Cashout feature offered me to cash out and take a 50% profit that I stood to make from letting it ride which I decided to take.

Now you'd assume that it would automatically back the draw for me, but what it actually did was lay Arsenal leaving me with a near 100% loss of my liability.

Where do I go to get this problem (on Betfair's side) resolved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Anybody?? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

What did Betfair say?

Just off the phone to them there, turns out what happened was that the machine tries to lay both Arsenal and Liverpool but because Arsenal scored so quickly after the lay on Liverpool lapsed.

Lesson learned, do your trades manually in future and don't rely on the machine

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

I used their cashout feature twice, and both times I had trouble with it and never got the money I tried to collect. Given up on it now.

Yeah it's hard to be trusted to be fair, it thinks like a machine rather than like a person if ye know what I mean.

Person: I've layed the draw @ 3.5, now I can back it at 8 to lock in profit
    Machine: You've layed the draw @ 3.5, now you can lay both teams winning to lock in profit

• Advertisement

Yeah, basically I got caught out by the odds changing after Arsenal scored their first goal if I remember correctly.

Advertisement