Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which buy iphone 5, blackberry z10 or samsung galaxy s3

Options
  • 30-01-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I like samsung products and am unsure whether iphone 5 may be overrated. A lot of the reviews were stating the similarilty betweeny the z10 and the iphone but would the z10 actually be much better.. ?

Is there any clear best smart phone out of these 3 ?

blackberry-z10-compare-640x217.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The Z10 will be likely be saddled with a cack OS, BB's last foray into the touchscreen OS world with the Playbook was hopeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ignore the Z10 for now. The phone was literally announced a few hours ago, so it's way way to early to predict how good it will be (it'll be awful btw).

Of the lot there, the S3 is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Mindfulness

It all depends on what you are looking for with a phone tbh.

iPhone - vastly overpriced but at least you know that the vast majority of Apps are genuine and won't carry malware

BBerry - far too new, untested OS, no idea what the apps are like or if they are any good. Steer well clear unless you are loaded and can afford to get another phone quickly if you find the BB isn't for you.

Samsung - Every bit as good as the iPhone, if that is your benchmark. Better in some ways. However, Samsung are not cheap. Downside is the Android apps because there is a small chance (but significantly higher than with the iPhone) that you could download an app containing malware. A potential downside is that now that Google are in the market with the nexus 4 (another contender btw), they may try some sneaky tricks that mean that the nexus gets the latest Android updates first...until they are sorted out by the courts. The latter is speculation on my part but as has been seen in the past, most tech companies try to exploit any avenue they can to increase sales in a very competitive market.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cazmcco

I have the z10's bastard cousin, the Dev Alpha B.

Im not using it as my main phone at the moment as I dont have a micro sim.

Im in the middle of updating it to presumably the shipped version of BB10 at the moment (update was only released today)

Its actually seems like a pretty nice device. I was given a playbook a few months back and there was nothing in the market, i mean pretty much nothing! With all the port a thons it seems like they have enticed at least a few good apps. I guess it being so easy to port from Android is going to get them a few easy wins.

The browser seems good and supports flash which i guess is a nice option to have.

I'm not saying BB is the way to go or anything, but the OS definitely isn't a crock and the app world is not as barren as it once was.

If anyone has any questions they want me to answer on BB10 feel free to ask. In about a weeks time I should be able to compare to a Nexus 4 (hopefully!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Wait a couple of months for the new A15 architecture which will render all these obsolete ;-)

BB10 may surprise people, they have done a lot of legwork behind the scenes.

S3 is the worst buy, it's the oldest phone here, about to be replaced next month at MWC.

iPhone is basically rudderless, Apple are terrified the will kill the golden goose if they change anything.

Nexus 4 is the clear winner here but with MWC next month its probably the worst time possible to buy a phone.

Also check the Nokia 920 if you want to get into the Microsoft environment early. We all know they will win in the end, they always do...

• Advertisement
Advertisement