Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PASSPORT HELP NEEDED

Options
  • 30-01-2013 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

HELP MUCH NEEDED:
    Anyone here ever apply for a passport through passport express and been allowed collect it from the passport office rather than receive it in the post??
    I applied for a passport over a week ago and the post office told me id recieve it on 4th Feb which was great cause ive a flight on 5th Feb, so i rang the passport office just to check and after 26mins on hold the woman told me they wont be sent till wed although theyll be printed and ready in the office! I asked if i could collect them and she said she didnt know that shed get the supervisor to ring me and 2 days later no word and after 1 hour and 12 mins on hold i still cant get through to the office! Can anyone tell me if they have cause im freakin out i dont want to miss my holiday!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

AFAIK you can. Don't stress - there's a lot of people been in that situation and it generally works out ok! Have a look at this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055861574. Expect to spend a fair old while in the Passport Office, but you'll get yourself sorted.

Enjoy the holiday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nicolem11251

Thats for emergency passport though. See i sent my passport for the 10 day limit (my passports due date is mon feb 4th) , But the woman in the passport office keeps saying because i sent it in the post theyve to send it back in the post but theyre not sending it till tuesday and for some reason she kept telling me they wont let me collect it on the monday even though itll be there sitting in their offce?

I'm pretty sure it's not just for emergency passports. I remember reading of people having to call in to collect their passports when they wouldn't be ready on time. I'm 99% sure that you can call in to collect. I'm trying to find a post in the Passport thread that will clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nicolem11251

Ok Thank you so much! If i make it to Amsterdam its gonna be 100 times better after all the stress! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

If you haven't received your passport in the post by now you need to act!!!. I had terrible trouble with them last year. Every time I rang I got a different answer. Eventually the trip was coming close & still no passport so I asked them to hold it there & I would collect it & thats what I did.

• Advertisement

Ok - I was just having a search though that thread and found a few posts (I'm sure there are more) of people who were in your situation and got sorted.

I feel your panic - like I said, I've been there - was waiting for a passport with only days to go when I had posted the "Express" application three weeks previously (although this was during the strikes)! It will be grand though.

I would advise posting in the Passport thread that I mentioned, 'cause those guys know their stuff. And keep ringing the office - even though it's a pain. Sooner or later you'll get somebody who'll help you.

You'll be well de-stressed in Amsterdam, that's for sure! :p

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Post your query in the passport thread in the travel forum and we'll help you there. Not Dublin City related so I'm closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement