Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minor offence could prevent canada immigration

Options
  • 30-01-2013 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

me and a few of my mates tryin to move to canada for a couple of years. However, one of my mates has a minor careless driving conviction. He got a €500 fine and a few penalty points. Does anyone knw will this greatly effect him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Clubman2012

I dont think that counts as a ''criminal offence''. I'm sure its ok, once he wasnt locked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mickalexi13

I dont think that counts as a ''criminal offence''. I'm sure its ok, once he wasnt locked :)

No he wasnt thank ****. Thanks Clubman. Was looking around and think they only would look at it majorly if harm was caused or if he got charged with more than one offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

did he get a conviction if so he could be in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I think it will come down to if the charge shows up on his garda cert. If it does I'd say he has no hope, but if the garda cert comes back clean then I'd say he will be ok (personal opinion and NOT deffo the correct information).

Advertisement