Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone selling F7 & F9 books?

Options
  • 30-01-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi as the title says just wondering if anyone is selling these books? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Hey lovbnmoma

Sorry not selling the books but f7 and f9 are my last f's

trying to decide whether to do f7 now in June by itself or just do both together. Have heard f7 is very tough so I'm worried about doing both together ESP as they are both calculation exams (usually theory suits me). Plan to go to college in independent colleges for f7 but would do f9 at home.

Sorry no help but just wondering if you have any concerns doing both together. I just want to get them out of the way but I'm afraid I'll take on too much

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nellsbells

Hiya Lovbnmoma, sent u a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lovbnmoma

Hi frogstar. Yeah these are my last two f papers too that is if I pass the last two! I am going to chance trying the two of them but if I fail any of the December ones I won't do the two of them in June. How did you get on in the December sitting do you think?

Yeah I really want to try the two together as well. I have the books for f9 already so I think I will attend college for f7 as usual and will try to do f9 myself.

Think I did ok in dec 12. But I looked at the answers for f6 tax last week (only published) and I'm not so sure! But I think I've forgotten everything I learned for that. I remember coming out of the exam thinking it was ok so fingers crossed for Friday.

Would really like to get all the F's out of the way in this setting and move onto the P's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

There's a tiny bit of overlap with ratios, but not much. Both are 60%+ numerical but IMO its often the theory that's the difference between 49 and 51%. I dd both (along with F5 and F1) in the same sitting and passed all of them.

• Advertisement

SBWife wrote: »
    There's a tiny bit of overlap with ratios, but not much. Both are 60%+ numerical but IMO its often the theory that's the difference between 49 and 51%. I dd both (along with F5 and F1) in the same sitting and passed all of them.

Thanks SBwife. Will give both a go. Have had a few people tell me to do f7 on its own so thats putting me off

I always thought you were superhuman the way you got through the exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

frogstar wrote: »
    I always thought you were superhuman the way you got through the exams!

I saw it as a three part process.

1. Cover the material making sure to understand what you are studying. Use other resources as you need to.

2. Practice past exam questions, I never worried about doing a mock paper rather I'd do 3 questions covering the same area in a row. Essentially drilling the different topics. I also spent a day or two doing all the past short question sections.

3. Take the exam. Timing is everything, be aware and stay on track. I always started with a shorter question and tried to gain some time before attacking the longer questions.

Thanks SB. Completely agree with covering the past papers. Thats what I think got me through so far as I think they cover everything that could possibly come up

Would admit I have a tendancy to put studying off to the last minute. I need to get more tough with myself and just stick with a plan

If I could I would love to take a year out of work and do them in two sessions but financially thats not an option

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement