Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non working CG5 mount for parts???

Options
  • 30-01-2013 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi everybody.Sorry if i am posting in the wrong place...
    A long shot but worth trying...If someone has a CG5 mount for braking please get in touch with me.I am looking for :
    Locking screw from the tripod legs.
    Dust cap from polar finder.
    Metal cone from counter weigh shaft.the one that is after the mount head.
    And polar finder.Doesnt have to be celestron one as long as it works with CG5 GT mount.
    Thanks for looking.

Regards
    Martin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

I would also post this on Cloudynights Site as "Wanted" - as long as part aren't too heavy, most guys are from the States but they are very helpful. Managed to get parts for my LXD75 for next to nothing from a nice member up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Nerro

ZeRoY wrote: »
    I would also post this on Cloudynights Site as "Wanted" - as long as part aren't too heavy, most guys are from the States but they are very helpful. Managed to get parts for my LXD75 for next to nothing from a nice member up there.
    Thanks,
    yes thats a good place to look for stuff that is usually not awailable on this side of the pond...
    Thought going to give a shot over here first, with the popularity of the mount here in Ireland there is bound to be one non working somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Steve from first light optics posted about a CG5 being stripped for parts on the Stargazer's Lounge recently. They might still have the parts you're looking for.
    Link

Tzetze wrote: »
    Steve from first light optics posted about a CG5 being stripped for parts on the Stargazer's Lounge recently. They might still have the parts you're looking for.
    Link
    Thanks Tzetze.That looks promising!Sending an email as we speak!

Well unfortunatelly Steve from FLO only has that cone but as far as i understand someone has dibs on it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement