Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did I get the wrong Grant

Options
  • 30-01-2013 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Got the Grant full maintenance adjacent but only got 1055 I think I should of got special rate as my mother is a loan parent on loan parent income from social

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Appeal it then

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Me212 wrote: »
    Got the Grant full maintenance adjacent but only got 1055 I think I should of got special rate as my mother is a loan parent on loan parent income from social

Seems to be a common occurance. I know of people who only qualified for fees but got full adjacent rate and people who should of got full adjacent rate who only got a half rate adjacent grant.

The whole thing is a shambles. I've been battling with them myself for the past few months, they keep telling me I never sent in stuff but yet they got other docs that were in the same folder, sent it by email and post.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Me212

Seems to be a common occurance. I know of people who only qualified for fees but got full adjacent rate and people who should of got full adjacent rate who only got a half rate adjacent grant.

The whole thing is a shambles. I've been battling with them myself for the past few months, they keep telling me I never sent in stuff but yet they got other docs that were in the same folder, sent it by email and post.
    Should I appeal cause I don't think it will make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Me212 wrote: »
    Should I appeal cause I don't think it will make a difference

Yes. You have nothing to lose by appealing

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

I too got the wrong grant, applied on the first day, got my letter on the 30th of January, I was delighted.... until I saw what I was being awarded. -.- My Heaven's, they just cant seem to get their stuff together, i'm recieving half of what I should be recieving.

• Advertisement
Advertisement