Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling in Girona

Options
  • 29-01-2013 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Has anyone ever gone cycling in Girona, Spain.
    I am going there to visit a friend (who doesnt cycle). I know a lot of pro cyclists have lived and trained there over the last decade or so.
    Can anyone recommend some routes and a bike rental place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Was there in Sept. Went to girona bike hire in centre of town.
    They rent carbon cannondales and sell route packs.
    Great cycling, undulating, head to coast, climbing head west.
    Did a lovely 25 km climb, on decent 20km on lovely surface, not one single car in either direction.
    Will map ride and pm you later

I am going there to visit a friend (who doesnt cycle). I know a lot of pro cyclists have lived and trained there over the last decade or so.

Was there in Sept. Went to girona bike hire in centre of town.
    They rent carbon cannondales and sell route packs.
    Great cycling, undulating, head to coast, climbing head west.
    Did a lovely 25 km climb, on decent 20km on lovely surface, not one single car in either direction.
    Will map ride and pm you later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

[
    That's the crew I went with

Quote=TheBlaaMan;82949263]Why not try these guys: http://www.gironacyclecentre.com/

You never know who might drop in...... http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/dan-martin-moves-into-business-with-shop-and-tour-company-interests/[/Quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Fr D Maugire

Spent time in Girona last spring and have to say the cycling is amazing(as well as the city itself). Once you get away from the main roads, it is just idyllic with the weather, quiet roads, stunning scenery etc.

You are very likely to meet pro's anywhere, I know one day I was out, we were passed by the hottest female pro and a bit further down the road met 3 Greenedge and a SKY rider coming the other way and later on 2 Rabobank guys.

Also spotted a Garmin guy on the side of the road one day planning his route, later on he came flying past me. I didn't bother to give chase rather wisely.

The guy's at Bike breaks as listed by others are great, Dave and Saskia the owners will really help you out with route planning etc. If you want any further advice on planning routes or anything let me know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement