Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Kenny Happy Birthday 65 Today!

Options
  • 29-01-2013 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭

Happy Birthday Pat, 65 Today!

Congratulations to Pat on his birthday.

Pat is one of natures gentlemen both on and off TV and Radio.

He has hardly aged in his appearance and has kept his feet on the ground.

He is a very intelligent person and has always been a true professional, whether on TV or Radio.

Wishing you many more years of good health and broadcasting.

Perhaps we could persuade Pat to stand in the next Presidential election?

Very best wishes:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

He is a very intelligent person and has always been a true professional, whether on TV or Radio.

Hello Pat................

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He is the only one in RTE who deserves the big money

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

He is the only No one in RTE who deserves the big money

Is how I read your post :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Seriously though most of us would have burnt our radios if Pat Kenny was not in the chair and certain others were. May he long be unable to afford to retire!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Perfect time to retire and catch up on some gardening..

.. oh wait..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Pat's great.. Love him on the radio. This is my favourite Pat Kenny moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

Looks well for 65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Pat's great.. Love him on the radio. This is my favourite Pat Kenny moment..

Could you not find a better clip? At the very least, assuming you know what they are saying add in some subtitles?

All I heard was this:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Yeah, and get Sean Gallagher to chair one of the presidential debates. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭squonk

Didn't realise he was 65! One of the few in RTE who is actually worth keeping. Hope we'll continue to see him on our screens for many more years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

squonk wrote: »
    Didn't realise he was 65! One of the few in RTE who is actually worth keeping. Hope we'll continue to see him on our screens for many more years.
    <looks at forum header>

Especially our radio screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,123 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

squonk wrote: »

Hear hear. We're going to miss him when he's gone. However, he seems to be as big a news junkie as ever, and doesn't seem to have a whole lot else going on in his life, so I reckon he'll keep doing it as long as he is physically able.

Btw, can someone clarify exactly what's going on with the Frontline/Prime Time? Pat seemed to be saying last night that the former would be incorporated into the latter's Tuesday night show, which he would be hosting. Does this mean there will be no current affairs show on Monday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I have to say that like a lot of the other regular posters in the PK thread I think he's a brilliant radio broadcaster, not only the best current affairs broadcaster in Ireland but to be honest one of the best in the World and I listen to a load of BBC 4, BBC World Service and NPR, we're better off that he's on the radio than in the Aras and to be honest he'd never take a two thirds paycut to run for it :D Thought he was late 50s myself. Oh and btw he'd never be so crass as to big up himself like that, the original poster is obviously Paddy O'Gorman.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hear hear. We're going to miss him when he's gone. However, he seems to be as big a news junkie as ever, and doesn't seem to have a whole lot else going on in his life, so I reckon he'll keep doing it as long as he is physically able.

Btw, can someone clarify exactly what's going on with the Frontline/Prime Time? Pat seemed to be saying last night that the former would be incorporated into the latter's Tuesday night show, which he would be hosting. Does this mean there will be no current affairs show on Monday night?

Prime Time has been advertising the Tuesday night programme will be live from the first Feb one. Then Pat signed off the Frontline on Monday by saying they would be back on Tuesday next week at 9.35. Draw you own conclusion.

Advertisement