Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[GEAR] SRAM Garmin mount

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but will this only suit the bike specific Garmins? AFAIK, the locking mechanism for the Edge series is at a 90degree angle to the same mechanism on the quick release for the 310 and presumably the 910 as well. Meaning that if you lock your 310 onto this it'll be sideways and fairly difficult to read.

Or maybe I'm way off?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

BTH wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but will this only suit the bike specific Garmins? AFAIK, the locking mechanism for the Edge series is at a 90degree angle to the same mechanism on the quick release for the 310 and presumably the 910 as well. Meaning that if you lock your 310 onto this it'll be sideways and fairly difficult to read.

Or maybe I'm way off?

Yeah that makes sense, doesn't look like you can adjust the direction of the clip.
    Or make a shim and attach to the aero bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭ray o

BTH wrote: »

Or maybe I'm way off?

I think your right there. Looks like there are a couple of different types out there and most still have the same issue - adjustment required to change between Edge & 310/910 units.

DC Rainmaker has a review of a good one here that does the job.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2012/11/review-of-bar-fly-tt-edge-forerunner.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

ray o wrote: »
    I think your right there. Looks like there are a couple of different types out there and most still have the same issue - adjustment required to change between Edge & 310/910 units.

DC Rainmaker has a review of a good one here that does the job.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2012/11/review-of-bar-fly-tt-edge-forerunner.html

$40. sh1t, thats a little pricey..

Advertisement