Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia 3 (Nothing official yet)

Options
  • 29-01-2013 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

Lots a rumors floating about the interweb these past few months about a possible third installment to the Mafia series (just Google it, there's loads).

Some of these are that this game will be released on next generation consoles (one source I read a while back stated that Mafia 3 would be available on PS4 when its is launched later this year or the beginning of 2014)

Unfortunately 2K Czech hasn't released any information but apparently they were in the process recently of hiring staff.

While the Mafia series is no GTA, it defiantly gave it a run for its money, and tbh Mafia 2 did have more of an interesting story-line then IV imo. The only thing the game was missing was free roam and some more side missions.

Fingers crossed that this game does happen :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mafia 1 was an absolute master piece in gameplay and storytelling. The atmosphere and music completely sucked you into the story and still is one of my best experiences on PC. When Mafia 2 came out on PS3, I heard crap things so stayed clear. I only got it cheap a year and a half later and thought it was brilliant, raging I waited so long. Not as good as the first but still very very good. Mafia 3 will definitely be a day one purchase....if it gets made anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

While the Mafia series is no GTA, it defiantly gave it a run for its money, and tbh Mafia 2 did have more of an interesting story-line then IV imo. The only thing the game was missing was free roam and some more side missions.

I only would have said that story wise, it was superior to GTA. I was more attracted to that story, felt more involved.

Gameplay wise, i didnt warm too much to it. Gta games used to annoy me with the couple of hours of bull**** driving missions. this seemed much worse. And there wasnt much new here, though the fist fighting stands out in my mind as being worth a mention. and i liked the recuitment as a capo in the Godfather. In mafia, i dont remember being any more than a made man.

Saints row 2 is thus my favourite of the "gta clone" games. However, Mafia2 had some good elements which i would like to see expanded into a longer, more fleshy game with some more of the good. allow it to keep building, and theres a great game in the works

EDIT: any information on what era it could be set in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mafia 2's storytelling was superb. Absolutely loved the game, I was on the edge of my seat during several of the later missions.

My only problem with the game was, I wish I could have whacked Joe at the start, save me from listening to him for the whole game :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Mafia 2's storytelling was superb. Absolutely loved the game, I was on the edge of my seat during several of the later missions.

My only problem with the game was, I wish I could have whacked Joe at the start, save me from listening to him for the whole game :D

Ages since I played it, but I recall the game being shorter than I expected and the ending abrupt?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

calex71 wrote: »
    Ages since I played it, but I recall the game being shorter than I expected and the ending abrupt?

Ah I wouldn't call it short, way longer than most FPS's but shorter than other Sandbox games.

The end cinematic bit might be a bit short, but the ending was very good, and was building up to it for a good while. It didn't feel abrupt anyways.

Its cheap on amazon at the mo, with all the DLC, am tempted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mafia 1 was fantastic. Mafia 2 was great too, but they missed a huge apportioning by leaving city empty after you finish game.

Mafia > gta when it comes to gameplay,story, world. Gta > mafia when you want fukc shiet up.

Really looking forward to mafia 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I can't remember the ending of Mafia 2 :(

But I do remember the opening scene, loved the snow and 'let it snow' playing in the background, made me think that it had been penciled in originally for a Christmas release but was moved to September so as it didn't have to compete with the big releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I can't remember the ending of Mafia 2 :(

But I do remember the opening scene, loved the snow and 'let it snow' playing in the background, made me think that it had been penciled in originally for a Christmas release but was moved to September so as it didn't have to compete with the big releases.

yeah, the first part of the game was fantastic. It made the theme of "starting off as a gangster" well.

I honestly dont have nothing bad to say about this game. i Finished it once and i did payed almost full price for it back in the day. Well worth the money if you ask me. Very often you can get it very cheap these days. It would be a sin not to pick it up!

A year later, not looking good...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/444674/2k-to-restructure-mafia-2-dev/
    Publishing label 2K Games is to restructure its Prague studio, the company has confirmed to CVG.

2K Games' Prague studio, formerly known as Illusion Softworks, was responsible for the popular PC title Mafia 2. It was rumoured, though not confirmed, that the development outfit was working on Mafia 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I loved Mafia 2, ending was shocking.

For AdamCP898
    You get driven away from an observatory at the end I think with Joe, and that old guy you saved earlier. But Joe is in a seperate car. You think everything is alright and the game is ending nicely, then I think Joe's car takes a different turn..and you realise they are going to kill him.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Resonator75

No chance of Hidden and Dangerous 3 then 2K Games? :(

Advertisement