Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stationary/writer supplies in Sligo?

Options
  • 29-01-2013 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of places in Sligo that sell 'nice' writing journals/notebooks?

I've tried Easons, Brodricks, upstairs in Tesco, Liber bookshop, Sligo Supply etc but to no avail. All they have on offer is your basic refill pad and black/blue hardback A4/A5 notebooks for college/school.

I am looking for something a bit different, that would make a nice present for a writer/poet/artist.

I didn't think it was going to be as hard as task to find as it is proving. Other people have suggested I try different 2 Euro stores and shops like the one near the cinema and the one in tesco carpark but I can't imagine they have what I am looking for.

Something like this or on this lines, like a keepsake for storing ideas (elegant journals really I suppose is what I am looking for) There are some available online but I haven't got much time and would prefer to see/feel it first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bustler

Maybe try the Liber Bookshop on O'connell st? They sold nice things like that last time I was in, just before Christmas. If they don't have any in stock, the staff are lovely and might be able to help out:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Bustler wrote: »
    Maybe try the Liber Bookshop on O'connell st? They sold nice things like that last time I was in, just before Christmas. If they don't have any in stock, the staff are lovely and might be able to help out:)

Ya tried there, they didn't have anything. I might go back in and ask and see if they can order me something though.

Been to TK Maxx since aswell on the advice on another poster on another thread but they didn't have anything in the line of stationary at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Ya tried there, they didn't have anything. I might go back in and ask and see if they can order me something though.

Been to TK Maxx since aswell on the advice on another poster on another thread but they didn't have anything in the line of stationary at all.

I was going to say TK Maxx as I did see the type of journal that you are looking for on sale there before Christmas. But that's the way with TK Maxx, random luck involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Advertisement