Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIRECT DEBIT CREDIT UNION

Options
  • 28-01-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

HEY GUYS JUST WONDERING CAN YOU SET UP A DIRECT DEBIT TO YOUR CREDIT UNION FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT SAY EVERY WEEK IV AN ACC AND TRY SAVE SOME MONEY SO WOULD LIKE MOINEY TRANSFERED EACH WEEK WHEN I GET PAID? THANKS :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yes, you can. If you go into your Credit Union, they will give you a form to give to the bank. Then go to your bank and they will just sort it out for you. I had to set one up last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kiitycat

COOL THANKS FOR THAT :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

your credit union can set this up for you. contact them and they will provide the relevant forms for you to sign.

+ edit
    took me that long to type the reply that there was 2 posts before me!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

..and please don't TYPE ALL IN CAPS! It's considered SHOUTING ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

You can set up a standing order. Not a direct debit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Geri Male wrote: »
    You can set up a standing order. Not a direct debit.

Mines Direct Debit :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Mines Direct Debit :confused:

no its not direct debit its a standing order. Direct debits are set up by a company, ie electric ireland, vodafone. A standing order is set up by the bank and goes to credit union, landlord, savings etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

my credit union can setup a direct debit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

no its not direct debit its a standing order. Direct debits are set up by a company, ie electric ireland, vodafone. A standing order is set up by the bank and goes to credit union, landlord, savings etc.

Mine is a Direct Debit. The Credit Union set it up and it comes from my bank in Direct Debit form. :P

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It can be either, depending on how the CU is set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Many credit unions use direct debits. Mine does.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kiitycat

whoops sorry didnt no about the caps lock thing i jst left it on sorry, cool thanks guys :)

Advertisement