Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Desks for Live Audio

Options
  • 28-01-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking at getting a digital desk. So far i've demo'd the following and they all have my minimum spec.

Yamaha LS9, 16c version.
    Roland M380.
    Behringer X32.
    Personus Live 16.4.2
    Soundcraft SI compact.

My live experience of late I've been using the AH iLive and the LS9, both great desks. The Roland requires an additional snake to get more than 8 inputs which is tad annoying etc. The X32 is packed full of features etc but is a little large. Personus and Soundcraft are handy but I found the Personus a bit buggy with EFX and the aux's to the IEM's had a strange lantency issue.

Anyone have experience of these desk and could give me some feedback on a live setup usage? Or if you have had studio time with it etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Behringer just released two smaller format versions of the X32 that might meet your needs

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X32-COMPACT.aspx

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X32-PRODUCER.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Hi,

Yeah i was waiting for them :-)

The seem to have listened to all the feedback on the x32 and then just delivered 4 new units! If the delivery time is the same
    then it will be Oct 2013 before there out for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭johnnylakes

I have been using the Studiolive 24 4 2 for about 18 months now, in both live and recording situations. I have to say I find it excellent. Haven't had any issues whatsoever with the EFX, but I have heard of problems with the 16 4 2 models.For me it's the best desk for the money, considering how versatile it is, the pre-amps aren't 'boutique' or anything but I find them to be nice and clean and transparent.
    Also the new software update with the 24 & 32 models (Room EQ etc) looks like a nice little added bonus.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭fitz

I have been using the Studiolive 24 4 2 for about 18 months now, in both live and recording situations. I have to say I find it excellent. Haven't had any issues whatsoever with the EFX, but I have heard of problems with the 16 4 2 models.For me it's the best desk for the money, considering how versatile it is, the pre-amps aren't 'boutique' or anything but I find them to be nice and clean and transparent.
    Also the new software update with the 24 & 32 models (Room EQ etc) looks like a nice little added bonus.

The Studiolive is serious bang for the buck. €1100 for the 16.0.2? Great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well I got my hands on a X32 for a few weeks.

Only had an hour with it so far, we shall see how it goes!

• Advertisement
Advertisement