Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6 Driver Information Display

Options
  • 28-01-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hope this is correct forum.

I have a 2008 Audi A6 and the Driver Information Display (small colour LCD display between speedometer & rev counter) has stopped working. It started to fail intermittently especially in cold weather - I assumed it might be a dry joint. Anyway tried a few garages, auto electrical shops in Cork but no joy. It seems I will have to replace the whole console, including recoding and this will cost over 1000 euro!

Anyone any ideas about what to do? Where to get a recycled part, etc. I'm not actually that bothered about the display - the only important thing are warning lights.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

There is a guy in Watergrasshill that should be able to help you. He has done loads of instrument cluster repairs for us:

www.kcsystems.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭moycullen14

There is a guy in Watergrasshill that should be able to help you. He has done loads of instrument cluster repairs for us:

www.kcsystems.ie

Thanks. Tried him but got a message that these displays 'could not be fixed'. Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

You could try BBA Reman in the UK in that case.

Advertisement