Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Baker leaves Ireland .. for Wales

Options
  • 28-01-2013 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

From: http://radionation.ie/2013/01/baker-quits-ireland-for-wales/
    David Baker has finally got his “plum job” and returns this week to Wales to become Deputy Programme Manager at Radio Pembrokeshire.

Over the last few years, he has been freelancing at Q102, Beat and also at KFM but he says he is now looking forward to getting back to full time radio work.

“I’m so pleased to be given this opportunity with such a progressive radio group who share great visions of what local radio is about, I’ve met the team in the last few weeks and the passion and commitment they show really excites me and I’m looking forward to getting to work with them in a few days.”

“The opportunities here were always going to be limited but I’m grateful to the people who did give me the chance to keep myself warmed up”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

He was most recently on Club Classics on the Q radio network in NI, so why did he leave to go to a small Welsh station?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭jimmy2flutes

Did he write his own press release? Local radio swing presenter moves to small rsl type UK station??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

David Baker was also in the original lineup of Spirit Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Pob lwc. Ydych chi'n siarad Cymraeg?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

Did he write his own press release? Local radio swing presenter moves to small rsl type UK station??

Ah fair play to him. Being out of work and then landing a gig is big news in his world,let's not be-little his achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

LeakyGee wrote: »
    Ah fair play to him. Being out of work and then landing a gig is big news in his world,let's not be-little his achievement.

Hear hear... I look forward to being able to write such a press release about myself!!

Advertisement