Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street fighter 4

Options
  • 28-01-2013 9:25am

I got street fighter 4 working perfectly in my mame cab yesterday.
    So far I'm impressed with it!Graphics are deadly and the game play seems tight.
    Had a few issues getting the game to take 1p and 2p inputs from the same keyboard via the ipac.
    Luckily theres a small patch available that lets you config the controls via a text document.
    I got it to lunch directly from maxiums arcade and had to compile a little autokey file to get skip the launch game/setup controller window.

No all I need to do is figure out how to beat the game!
    If anyone wants to know how I did it let me know and I'll share.
    Its fairly simple!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The proper arcade version? Nice. I have it on disc somewhere too, must set it up on my cab too at some stage. Is your monitor 4:3?

Not realy,
    Its just the PC "arcade" version.
    No attract mode which is a shame :(

urbanledge wrote: »
    Not realy,
    Its just the PC "arcade" version.
    No attract mode which is a shame :(

Ah I see I see :)

I got the actual arcade version here somewhere but I'm not sure how it'd look on a 4:3 15Khz screen hence I never bother setting it up on my cab.

oh yeah?
    Didnt know it was available.tell me this,does it come as an ISO?
    I deffo want to get that version.

oh yeah?
    Didnt know it was available.tell me this,does it come as an ISO?
    I deffo want to get that version.

Well I can't really say much on it as I'd be breaking site rules {its copyright protected after all] so I won't say where to get it. No its not an iso, its the full game in the form of a dumped hdd image from a real cab, with a modified launcher that bypasses the normally required security dongles etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

pirate.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I remember when that SFIV iso was dumped, there was a major **** storm about it. Nobody would admit to having it. I think it made the real hardware drop in value dramatically.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I remember when that SFIV iso was dumped, there was a major **** storm about it. Nobody would admit to having it. I think it made the real hardware drop in value dramatically.

The hardware & cab were worth serious coinage I remember yeah. Designing a game to run on off the shelf pc components & on Windows XPe was just asking for trouble though. I hear SF4 AE is also dumped but isn't yet playable...

EnterNow wrote: »
    I hear SF4 AE is also dumped but isn't yet playable...

Actually scratch that, seems its dumped & working

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Wasn't SF3 a big deal to get running aswell?

• Advertisement

Wasn't SF3 a big deal to get running aswell?

CPS3 encryption was a mofo yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Main problem with CPSIII boards is that the battery suicides after an indeterminate amount of time (~10yrs) and takes the whole board with it.

SSFIV AE v2012 is where it's at.

"Vanilla" SFIV is so strange now. Damage output is huge, Ryu has dirty tricks, Sagat TU can win matches by itself, and Akuma has terrifying HK loop.

Other PC fighters you should look into are Melty Blood & Arcana Heart series (can't remember if there's an official release or just ROM dump for AH3).

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CPSIII isn't as straightforward as CPS2 with regards to suicide batteries. CPS2 the battery dies, the board dies. Replace the battery beforehand or else phoenix. Not too bad.

CPSIII, the battery dies, the board dies. You tamper with the cart while the game is on, the board dies. You touch the bottom part of the board while it's on, the board can die. You look at them the wrong way, the board dies.

And no phoenix option. They're well worth staying away from for the moment.

....CPSIII, the battery dies, the board dies. You tamper with the cart while the game is on, the board dies. You touch the bottom part of the board while it's on, the board can die. You look at them the wrong way, the board dies....

I think hardware like the CPS3 with all of Capcom's little built in booby traps is a fantastic argument for the legitimacy of emulation and the work done by guys like Andreas Naive and the rest of MameDev. There were only a few games ever released on that board, but some of them like Third strike and Red Earth were amazing, and deserve to be preserved and played and appreciated for generations, not left to die off gradually because their manufacturers built them with security and purely commercial considerations in mind, and are now ignoring them.

And no phoenix option. They're well worth staying away from for the moment.

I think they'll eventually get around to that. Not sure if I'd actually like to own the hardware, perhaps a no cd version of it would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What's worse is when they have a chance to give us what we want (arcade-perfect port to powerful consoles), they give us...
    SFIII:Online Edition.

A port based on a port (DC version) with random bugs & glitches, and shoe-horned-in ATROCIOUS new art/sound assets.
    Looks like they're about to inflict the same on Darkstalkers, too...

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What's worse is when they have a chance to give us what we want (arcade-perfect port to powerful consoles), they give us...
    SFIII:Online Edition....

Lol...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Worst. SF. Ever.

Relikk wrote: »
    Worst. SF. Ever.

Do you mean 4? It really isn't. I would consider myself a fan of the SF2 series first and foremost, and it's still hard to deny that 4 has a huge amount of depth and takes a lot of skill to compete in at high levels.

Have you played any of the Street fighter EX series? Street fighter Alpha 1? Street fighter the movie? Saying 4 is the worst SF game ever doesn't really stack up with reality. It may not be to your taste, but that doesn't make it a bad game.

Do you mean 4? It really isn't. I would consider myself a fan of the SF2 series first and foremost, and it's still hard to deny that 4 has a huge amount of depth and takes a lot of skill to compete in at high levels.

Have you played any of the Street fighter EX series? Street fighter Alpha 1? Street fighter the movie? Saying 4 is the worst SF game ever doesn't really stack up with reality. It may not be to your taste, but that doesn't make it a bad game.

To me it is. Never liked it, never will. Nothing anyone says will ever convince me to change my mind.

• Advertisement

I think 4 is class.Not that im a seasoned street fighter or anything.
    What ones do you recommend Relikk?

For me the worst are those EX games, they're appalling. The only reason they're even called Street Fighter games is because some of the SF characters were shoehorned into a Battle Arena Toshinden type engine. Eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,853 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I got SF4 running, have to tinker about with it more though as the intro video causes it to crash. If you skip the video the game runs fine

2vryexs.jpg

Have it running perfectly now, full screen & intro etc perfect. Only prob is my pc which is essentially a HTPC isn't up to the task of running it too well in full screen. Anyway, was fun messing about with it getting it working!

How do you config the controls?

How do you config the controls?

You need to run 'typex_config.exe' & it runs through the controls via a cmd window

I think 4 is class.Not that im a seasoned street fighter or anything.
    What ones do you recommend Relikk?

The last of game of every series is usually the best. Super SFII Turbo, Alpha 3 and SFIII 3rd Strike are classic games. I have a secret passion for SFII' Champion Edition, though.

SF1 plays like a boiled turd but, it carries huge nostalgic value. Going to Bray amusements as a kid and seeing a game with 6 buttons blew my mind.

I have a secret passion for SFII' Champion Edition, though

Same. There's still shock value in it for me because you can actually play as the bosses :o No game in the arcades has ever bowled me over as much as SF2:CE

• Advertisement

The last of game of every series is usually the best. Super SFII Turbo, Alpha 3 and SFIII 3rd Strike are classic games..

I'd agree with you there, but i'd put (deep breath) super street fighter 4 arcade edition version 2012 in there as well. I love Hyper fighting, ST, and alpha 2 and 3, most, but i can appreciate the depth in something like third strike too, even though i don't play it a lot. SSF4 would trump all of those games in terms of depth and execution needed to compete at the highest levels. You could literally play that game for the rest of your life and never master everything in it. The amount of stuff the designers put in there is insane.

I hated 4 for a long time, but a lot of the crap in it was sorted out in the sequels, and the later ones in the series were really good. The last one in particular is very well balanced. If you give it a chance, once you get used to the new mechanics (which are a big adjustment) it's a lot of fun.
    SF1 plays like a boiled turd but, it carries huge nostalgic value. Going to Bray amusements as a kid and seeing a game with 6 buttons blew my mind.

I can't believe a commercial company actually thought an arcade cab where the aim was to hit the buttons as hard as possible was a good idea. Smashed buttons and annoyed arcade cab maintenance guys everywhere...

Advertisement