Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the strokes "one way trigger"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LizardKing82

Who would have thought Julian Casablancas could do falsetto?!

I like it

Great to see them back....one of the most consistently innovative bands of the past 10 years or so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Seems to be some mixed reaction to it online, but I think its pretty good. That falsetto could take things in an interesting new direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I love it, reminds me of classic strokes meets aha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

i'm a big Strokes fan but I dont like to see them going more electronic :(

lads get your 3 guitars and a drum set out and make some rock music..rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Heard it last night. It's awful IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

Who would have thought Julian Casablancas could do falsetto?!

I like it

Great to see them back....one of the most consistently innovative bands of the past 10 years or so

Ehhhh........................................................................no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Not really a big fan of it. Reminding me of this in a big way, perhaps too much so. I'm thinking they've had their day.
    Really? I think that's a pretty demeaning statement to bands who have done some genuinely incredible stuff in the last 10 years. The Strokes never really came to mind for innovation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Really do not like this at all, I wish they'd packed it in after Room on Fire. Absolutely LOVE those first two albums, after that - meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'm on the "it's awful" side right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Good Jesus it sucks,im all for a band trying new things(and at that this stage God knows The Strokes need to.....one of the most consistently innovative bands?? they dont even consistently make records let alone innovative ones)

Im stunned at how bad this is,sounds like they sampled "Take On Me"(a fine pop song)with one of those ****ty 80s casio keyboards and played over it

Time to throw in the towel surely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

I'm under whelmed - where is the raw Strokes - all very polished and poppy for my liking. Expected better from Hammond and Co

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Is Casablancas still writing all the songs himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Think its decent enough, people seem to be losing the run over it been **** but its not like its gonna be a single or anything along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

I wouldn't doubt it - always liked Hammonds solo effort and thought he should be given a bigger role in writing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

I wouldn't doubt it - always liked Hammonds solo effort and thought he should be given a bigger role in writing

I looked it up and it seems the first two albums were written completely by him.

3rd album had him writing every track with co writes from some band members on 3/4 tracks.

Last album the credits are listed as "The Strokes" but you get the feeling he's the guy very much in charge.

Advertisement