Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick Of The Pops on BBC R2

Options
  • 28-01-2013 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Love this show .. any fans in Ireland?
    The only place to hear songs that you don't hear played anywhere else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭squonk

Is that the show with Dale Winton on a Saturday lunchtime? I haven't heard it in ages but it was always very good. Every so often they eschewed the well played chart entries in favour of the lost gem that hadn't been heard in years. Quality as usual from the BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

squonk wrote: »
    Is that the show with Dale Winton on a Saturday lunchtime? I haven't heard it in ages but it was always very good. Every so often they eschewed the well played chart entries in favour of the lost gem that hadn't been heard in years. Quality as usual from the BBC.

Tony Blackburn has been presenting the show for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Tony Blackburn has been presenting the show for the last few years.

Listened to it the other day. Tony Blackburn appears to becoming somewhat of a parody of his former self.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

ads20101 wrote: »
    Listened to it the other day. Tony Blackburn appears to becoming somewhat of a parody of his former self.

I'm sure that's what he intends - after all it's looking back. I like him (unusually, as in general Tony Fenton types don't impress me at all) - his style suits it and of course he presented the Top 40 on Radio One for a few years at the beginning of the 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭squonk

Oh I was thinking of another show but I've heard the Tony Blackburn show also. Again quite good. Mind you, anytime I hear Tony Blackburn I can't help but think of Smashee & Nicey saying 'Charideeee'. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement