Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A story for children

Options
  • 28-01-2013 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

I've a wee little six year old in my house who gets read to by yours truly every night.

Sometimes we read books by other people and sometimes we make up our own stories.

Attached is one of our own.

It's about the adventures of a tiny water droplet (called Drippy) as he makes his way through the 'water cycle'

So if you have a six year old, or a five or a seven, or a four or an eight year old, in your house, why not print it off, read it to them and see what they think. (Or if you're just young at heart, shur give it a read yourself anyway!)

Unfortunately it's way too long for any agent or publisher to consider as a picture book (1,000 seems to be the maximum acceptable and I really don't want to edit it down as I like it the way it is) so I'll leave it here and at least that way it might find its way into the hands and the imaginations of a few more kids than it otherwise would.

(It's about 3,000 words, so about a 15 minute story time read I'd say.)

Thanks

Advertisement