Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast/Brunch place in/near Raheny???

Options
  • 27-01-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have recently moved to Raheny and would really appreciate some suggestions for a nice bistro/cafe that does breakfast/brunch mid-week! (Ideally open around 9ish)

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

The river cafe at the back of Super Valu in Raheny does a nice brekkie. Its down in the lower car park

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

MarkMc wrote: »
    The river cafe at the back of Super Valu in Raheny does a nice brekkie. Its down in the lower car park

yeah that cafe is nice, there is a cafe where the old hardware used to be as well

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fruitman

The Bay Cafe in Clontarf does a great breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bram's in Fairview. Nyom.

spurious wrote: »

Brams is delish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

spurious wrote: »

agree with both

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭GermanicGalore

super! Thanks for all the good replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Janneke

There's also a café in St Anne's Park, close to the rose garden and children's playground: http://www.tirnanog-caife.ie/tirnanog-red-stables-clontarf/

Enjoy Raheny!

• Advertisement

Janneke wrote: »
    There's also a café in St Anne's Park, close to the rose garden and children's playground: http://www.tirnanog-caife.ie/tirnanog-red-stables-clontarf/

Enjoy Raheny!

is that the one in the red stables?

is that the one in the red stables?

It is indeed

It is indeed

i was always afraid to go in there after hearing all the haunted stories:o

i was always afraid to go in there after hearing all the haunted stories:o

Its not bad actually, although I've never had more than a bowl of soup and a coffee. The courtyard is lovely on a sunny day, especially when the market is on

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭GermanicGalore

I've been there for breakfast on a Saturday morning when the market is on. I like it although the service can be a bit lame. What is the haunted story all about?

Its not bad actually, although I've never had more than a bowl of soup and a coffee. The courtyard is lovely on a sunny day, especially when the market is on

yeah its a beautiful building and very well restored.

the haunted story comes from [apparently] someone dieing there when the guinness family owned it. i remember when i used to be in the park at night and if you stood on the hill where the house used to be and looked down the avenue there was a tree to the left that looked like a leaping dog.
    there was loads of urban myths about the park

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Tdoyle

Brahms in Fairview, Kennedys in Fairview or 1014 opposite the wooden bridge in Clontarf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I like the Nuthouse in Killester, nice coffee in there too.

Or if you want to go more into town for brunch the best place ever is Farmer Brown's on Bath Avenue near the Aviva stadium. Unbelieveable.

Advertisement