Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIMM 2013

Options
  • 27-01-2013 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, just looking for anyone that is doing the BIMM music course in DIT now to give me some opinions on it. Also what is the audition experience like? What points does everyone think its gonna be this year? Is it a worthwhile course to do? Any opinions would help as im totally stumped on which course I should do..I basically have Science and Music courses in mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BIMMDublin

Hi CallMeByMyName,

It's very difficult to predict what the points for the course will be this year. This is determined by the number of applicants to the course and their own achievements. Last year the points were 435 and this was a combination of Leaving Cert points plus a possible 100 points at audition. This year however, we are offering a possible 600 additional points at audition which could really boost your Leaving Cert points! Again, it's difficult to predict what effect this will have on our points. If the average student gets about 450 points in their audition and 300 points in their Leaving Cert, the points for our course could be around 750. But of course this is just a guess! We won't know what the points are until the day the CAO offers come out in August.

If you'd like an idea of what BIMM graduates get up to after college take a look at the BIMM Brighton website.

Just remember that if you want to apply to BIMM Dublin you have to do it through the CAO. It's a restricted course so you MUST apply before 5.15pm on Friday 1st February. After that all applicants will be emailed to schedule their audition. We usually give everyone the audition requirements then so that everyone gets it at the same time and has the same amount of time to prepare. But if you email info@bimm.ie we'll send you some rough guidelines. In fact, if you email that address we'll give you any information you require!

Good luck with your application!
    BIMM Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CallMeByMyName

Thanks for getting back to me...i have applied already so i will be trying for it anyway just unsure as to what number to place it as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Just so I'm completely at ease here, applying via the CAO is just pasting in the course code and hitting confirm, right? Which I've already done but better safe than sorry! I was at one of your open days earlier in the month and it's just phenomenal there so I'm determined to get in there starting September 2013. All very friendly, hope to see you all there again soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CallMeByMyName

hi twilightning! you wouldnt mind telling me about their open day would you?

Advertisement