Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in Waterford??

Options
  • 27-01-2013 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

So I have my mum and aunt coming to visit me next weekend. I am looking for a nice restaurant in the city where we can an early bird at a reasonable price, somewhere that caters for kids (he is 9). Not looking for an Italian, Chinese or Indian restaurant, just somewhere that serves good honest non fancy food! :D

Any help is appreciated :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

corkgal27 wrote: »
    So I have my mum and aunt coming to visit me next weekend. I am looking for a nice restaurant in the city where we can an early bird at a reasonable price, somewhere that caters for kids (he is 9). Not looking for an Italian, Chinese or Indian restaurant, just somewhere that serves good honest non fancy food! :D

Any help is appreciated :)
    Before the thread is moved
    The Bodega in John street, I went there with my wife, toddler and baby a few years ago and they and the food was lovely, just checked online and they have an early bird for 20 or 25 euro,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Before the thread is moved
    The Bodega in John street, I went there with my wife, toddler and baby a few years ago and they and the food was lovely, just checked online and they have an early bird for 20 or 25 euro,
    L'atmosphere.
    Lovely French rustic food - very reasonable, very good. Google for address - it's just off the Quays.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

+1 on L'Atmosphere, really good food and a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

+1 for Bodega.
    Personally, I much prefer it to L'Atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Is L'atmosphere in the basement of some civic building? I ate in that place as well a few years ago and the food was really nice but the atmosphere(pardon the pun) might be a little stuffy for what the OP specified, maybe I have the wrong place.
    The Bodega were really happy to have us with the small kids, the night we were there there was a French couple in with absolutely no English, half the restaurant was using our pitiful leaving cert french to try to translate Items off the menu for them, the owner was there and he was a really nice bloke, in saying all this I've only eaten in a few places in Waterford so I may not be the best to recommend but that place left a really good impression on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

Is L'atmosphere in the basement of some civic building? I ate in that place as well a few years ago and the food was really nice but the atmosphere(pardon the pun) might be a little stuffy for what the OP specified, maybe I have the wrong place.

That's La Boheme

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

JV's downstairs at the Forum is great use it some Sundays for lunch:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Why dont you just go to the Waterford restaruant guide and see what people say there? this has been done an awful lot on this page!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

Bodega is very kid friendly and the food is always spot on. Would definitely be the place I'd hit if I was looking for a nice sit down meal with kids tagging along.

L'Atmosphere is seriously hit and miss (and I seem to always get the miss!) as far as I've experienced. I wouldn't spend another dime in there to be honest, everyone shoved in like sardines and the service is a friendly as wet sponge. Have had some seriously substandard food in there as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

L'Atmosphere is seriously hit and miss (and I seem to always get the miss!) as far as I've experienced. I wouldn't spend another dime in there to be honest, everyone shoved in like sardines and the service is a friendly as wet sponge. Have had some seriously substandard food in there as well.
    I've heard this from a few people but I have eaten there four times this month on their early bird three courses and a glass of wine for 20 squid and could not fault it, the rather sharp baltic lady who was rather cold seems to be gone , present staff are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I could tell ye stories! ill leave it at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

wellboytoo wrote: »
    I've heard this from a few people but I have eaten there four times this month on their early bird three courses and a glass of wine for 20 squid and could not fault it, the rather sharp baltic lady who was rather cold seems to be gone , present staff are lovely.

WTF!? 4 times this month - you're wintering well..!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

WTF!? 4 times this month - you're wintering well..!! ;)

LOL I had it written and knew I would get grief, I never drink in January and eat out once a week on the profits.

Advertisement