Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photographer needed for rock band photoshoot, Dublin, Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Is there any budget for this? If so it might be worth mentioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dom Dumecz

Hi Splinters, thanks!

Transport and expenses will be covered. Unfortunately the band are not yet in a position to pay large fees. However, the photographer will be mentioned and promoted on all press releases, media and events and anything else, including the album, that the band use the photographs for.

Ideally this would suit someone who is looking for experience and exposure and really loves rock and metal music.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards, Dominique

Thanks for clarifying Dominique. Just so you're aware that typically doesnt go down too well on here. Even a small gesture fee would be worthwhile. If I said I have an upcoming photo shoot and wanted your band to come set up their instruments and play for free for me I wouldnt imagine they'd be too enthusiastic about it. Just some food for thought.

Thanks Splinters! Know how you feel, musicians are very often in that position with venues.

Will discuss with the band and any genuinely interested potential photographers.

Kind regards,

Dominique

I know only too well. Im a photographer but spent years playing in bands and dealing with venues and promoters, not always a pleasant task. Anyway best of luck with it. Personally I couldnt justify the time it would take to do it unless there was a fee involved but you may find somebody who can. Just remember though, you get what you pay for.

This always springs to mind when I see these type of posts. Its about wedding photography but its the very same principle....

http://alturl.com/8qage

• Advertisement

Thanks a million Splinters.
    Totally understand what you are saying and where you are coming from.
    Love your work and your passion.

Will definitely take your suggestions on board.

Kind regards,
    Dominique

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

Splinters wrote: »

This always springs to mind when I see these type of posts. Its about wedding photography but its the very same principle....

Fantastic link! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

The full story http://illuminatedmoments.com/blog/?p=485

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Thanks for clarifying Dominique. Just so you're aware that typically doesnt go down too well on here. Even a small gesture fee would be worthwhile. If I said I have an upcoming photo shoot and wanted your band to come set up their instruments and play for free for me I wouldn't imagine they'd be too enthusiastic about it. Just some food for thought.

I agree with this guy but not only this if you have given someone money for a job even 20 € it effectively stops them from suing you if the opportunity arose. Say if your album went platinum this is just a scenario. I'm in music production and everybody i work with recieves payment more so out of goodwill but also because once it is finished its a done deal.It's proper business ,music is a business and all interactions should be treated as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 br3ak666

Hi M8,

I am not sure you still seeking a photographer if yes i can recommend my wife, she sleeping atm thats why i am drop u msg but maybe you can contact with her later....

MOD Snip

gl n hf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

br3ak666 wrote: »
    Hi M8,

I am not sure you still seeking a photographer if yes i can recommend my wife, she sleeping atm thats why i am drop u msg but maybe you can contact with her later....

MOD Snip

gl n hf

No text speak on this forum - please read the first post. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement