Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drove into a flood

Options
  • 27-01-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Ok, Yesterday morning on my way to work I drove around a bend and straight into a flood on the road, it wasn't overly deep and I didn't stall it.
    Drove on just a short distance to work but felt the car was a little sluggish right after it.

Now today the car will drive perfectly normal for the first few miles but then I can feel it get a bit sluggish or slightly jumpy, only running at around 75% of what it should be.
    When I leave it sitting for a while it will run fine again to begin with but then go like that after a while.

Can't take it to a garage until tomorrow so I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what the problem might be, if it's serious or what might have to be done to fix it?

It's a 2002 Ford Focus, 1.6 petrol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

How deep was it and how fast did you hit it at?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JK04

It was about 6 inches maybe a little more deep, I saw it last second so I was braking down into it from about 80kph so I'm not quite sure exactly, if I was to take a rough guess I hit it at about 60kph or lightly less. Made a fair splash anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

WD40 on the electrics FTW.

Advertisement