Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emails from Facebookmail.com

Options
  • 27-01-2013 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy,

I have two email addresses. One is used to sign up to websites (such as facebook) and the other is my personal one which I use for work.

Recently, I have been getting emails to my work email address from facebookmail.com

The emails look like they are coming from facebook (which they obvious arent) and tell me that <insert name here> has posted on my wall, or asking me if I know person x, y or z.

The worrying thing however is that all of the names in the emails are from my actual facebook account. The people included in the email are actual friends, and when it tells me someone has posted on my wall, they are a friend too. Any ideas how this has happened and how to get rid of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Its a spamming site. Remember you don't have to go down many levels of friends of friends ...of friends to link to everybody on facebook.

Advertisement