Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMC P1 form

Options
  • 27-01-2013 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, I'm an intern at the moment and just in the process of completing the P1 form for registration with the Australian medical council. It says that we have to send the certificate of experience with the application but I think I'm unable to get that until the end of the intern year. Does anyone know if I can still send in the application with the other documents and send on the cert later? Or will it affect my application and cause delays in processing it?
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

raver22 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm an intern at the moment and just in the process of completing the P1 form for registration with the Australian medical council. It says that we have to send the certificate of experience with the application but I think I'm unable to get that until the end of the intern year. Does anyone know if I can still send in the application with the other documents and send on the cert later? Or will it affect my application and cause delays in processing it?
    Thanks!!

That's what I ended up doing a few years ago, it does delay the application but if you can manage to have everything sorted out and absolutely no loose ends, you can potentially be registered and have your visa out by early August. You don't have any other options unfortunately!

Now that's what happened with me in the days before AHPRA. Unless things have changed in the last year, AHPRA are completely useless and I wouldn't be promising employers anything based on my experience with them.

Where are you working?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 raver22

Thanks for the reply! So I'd be better off sending all the documents together would you think? Yeah I've heard that about AHPRA and that there's no communication between them and the AMC!!
    Unfortunately the job situation is a work in progress at the moment, hoping for somewhere in Brisbane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Yea they've never spoken to one another. Send them all in as one, but maybe check with them, you might be able to send everything else in first and forward the intern year letter when you get it. Check first though, and get the name of the person who gave you the information!

Be careful with Brisbane, that's where I worked, but a mate of mine is a reg in Gold Coast, his girlfriend is a year ahead of you and she had a fair bit of bother getting a job 6 months ago. Give your name to some recruitment agencies, you might have luck with them.

Advertisement