Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Mbp

Options
  • 27-01-2013 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

Hi every one,

My mac book pro is becoming increasingly slow.. I do know I have a lot of content, on it how ever its at the point were its just slow..

To be fair I use Final Cut X, light room 4, photo-shop cs6, bridge and in-design. Im still in the kinda element of working for not lot of money and trying to establish my own name for my self. So I don't have a lot of money.

The mac I think is a mid 2009 2.53 GHz Intel core 2 duo 4 gigs of ram, and the graphics cars is a Nividia Geforrce 9400m 256mb as you can imagine its getting worked pretty hard. OSx 10.8.2 mountain lion

I know i could up the ram to 8 gigs and maybe take out the cd rom and put a ssd drive and run programs of one drive and use the other drive as storage??

But is there anything i could do to it in terms of system maintances to free up some more ram, Im not a complete noob but I have not got much expereince with computers but I'm willing to learn ( just expalin it really easilly :) )

Many thanks

snowie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Ram would be your best bet, but also as you work your HDD hard, it too may need replacing. Remember as you fill your HDD it get slower. Best to have a lot of % free.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Macs don't slow down without a good reason. How much Hard Drive space is free? If less than 25%, offload some large files and delete them from the HDD. You need a lot of contiguous free space to handle video files.

Advertisement