Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High school teaching in Canada - visas.

Options
  • 27-01-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi all

I'll be finishing the PDE in May this year (previously Hdip). I'd love to work in Canada teaching.

Do you know if they recognise the Hdip from Ireland for secondary teaching there?

What is the story with visas? I'm 29 and have worked in Canada twice before, once on a J1 summer thing and then on the under 35 working holiday visa in 2008. I think rules on visas have changed now though and its easier to get them for us? Is this right?

I was on one International School website this morning and they state this in the employment section:
    "Candidates for employment must have Canadian citizenship or Landed Immigrant status"

Does this essentially mean I can't apply even if I get a visa?

Comments

Advertisement