Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for quality cheap mens clothes

Options
  • 26-01-2013 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭

As It says on the tin, I need to update my wardrobe but am quite stuck for money... used to shop at expensive places, can't afford 70, 80 quid for a pair of jeans nowadays. I also want to change my style up a bit I noticed I wear basically the same thing all the time, hoodies and jeans and occasionally a shirt when I head out... not a teenager for long time now lol

I've tried pennies but tbh there's not much selection and the stuff isnt great quality.

So whats your dress style and where do you shop?

I'm mid twenties btw if thats relevant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

charity shops.
    simples as.

They have a great selection of brand new clothes that shops donate. also its charitable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

mawk wrote: »
    charity shops.
    simples as.

They have a great selection of brand new clothes that shops donate. also its charitable
    Good shout, which ones would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebelRed90

Mandmdirect.ie is generally very good, think it might be free delivery too. Also boohoo.com can be very good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

GRMA wrote: »
    Good shout, which ones would you recommend?

Where are you based?

I'm on mobile, can't see if you have location.

foxinsox wrote: »
    Where are you based?

I'm on mobile, can't see if you have location.
    Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 hide2013

charity shops are superb but they require a bit of investment in time. you will find top labels for buttons but not in every shop every time you visit. but a regular trawl will fill your wardrobe for very little

Dublin

Lots up around Georges Street and on up into Camden Street.

Here's a linkymajig, hope it works:

http://www.whoseview.ie/browse-category/Charity-Shops-18129.html?&start=0&limit=10

You have to be prepared to go through some crappy things and a lot of it depends on luck on the day as to what is in stock.

But even if you get a few bits, it is still such good value.

What sort of price range would you be looking at for charity shops?

What sort of price range would you be looking at for charity shops?

Just rough guessing:

T shirts e2 up
    Shirts e4 up
    Jeans e5 to about e12
    Suit e2o to e 3o
    Belt e2
    Hoodie e5 up
    Tie e2
    Casual jacket e10 up

Get shopping :-)

foxinsox wrote: »
    Just rough guessing:

T shirts e2 up
    Shirts e4 up
    Jeans e5 to about e12
    Suit e2o to e 3o
    Belt e2
    Hoodie e5 up
    Tie e2
    Casual jacket e10 up

Get shopping :-)
    Oh wow I'd be able to get tons of stuff for the price of a good pair of new jeans, I didn't think the stuff was that cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sethasaurus

Go to the Simon charity shop (Camden St) and get yourself some suits. I've had several great suits from there at low prices (well, I haven't been in there for about a year).
    They used to get new stock every Thursday).
    You might not get something that will fit perfectly, but there are a lot of good alterations people around the city.

Top Man has some affordable stuff too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

TK Max. Good for suits and shoes at reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

TK Max. Good for suits and shoes at reasonable prices.

+1.
    TK MAXX is the best advice I can give to you, great for hoodies, knitwear, shirts, t-shirts etc, all good brands, not so sure about the jeans, I've gotten two pairs from there but was never really happy with them, if you have 100e to spend and a good bit of time to browse you'll get quite a lot.

For someone your age River Island or Top Man would be good, not too expensive either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Tk Maxx is great. Might need to fish around for something great but it's the best. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Jack Jones is cheap enough i find esp for t shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I've tried pennies but tbh there's not much selection and the stuff isnt great quality.

Never had an issue with the quality in there. If you can get jeans for 15 quid that last half as long you're still doing pretty good imo!

The t shirts in pennies are absolutely dirt cheap, they are virtually disposable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Sky King wrote: »
    Never had an issue with the quality in there. If you can get jeans for 15 quid that last half as long you're still doing pretty good imo!

The t shirts in pennies are absolutely dirt cheap, they are virtually disposable.

Penny's stuff is really poor quality imo. The fit is pretty crap too but I suppose they do fit some one.

Asos is pretty cheap but I don't think the quality is great again. Most high street stores are cheap if they fit right. I like Next and Gap myself for reasonably priced clothes. Just make sure they fit well.

This site can be good if your looking for ideas http://www.fashionbeans.com/
    http://www.fashionbeans.com/2011/dressing-for-your-age-twenties/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

At the moment forever21 have 75% off a lot of stuff. I got 300e of stuff for 75e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

asos maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Second hand shops are a god send, I hate buying clothes as I'm very fussy, and one thing I hate more than buying clothes is buying cheap **** which only lasts a couple of washes. I picked up a pair of next jeans and a jumper for 10 euros, RL jumper for 7 euros which is prob the nicest jumper I've seen anywhere in years, best find so far though was a pair of brand new with tags Armani Jeans for 25 euro price tag was 140.

• Advertisement
Advertisement