Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery drain using 3G on iPhone 4S with Three

Options
  • 26-01-2013 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,

Is anyone else having problems with the 3G service at the moment?

For the past month or so I have noticed that when I turn on the mobile data on my phone that it drains the battery in a number of hours, whereas if I leave the mobile data turned off and use only use wi-fi the battery will last for more than a day.

It's very frustrating that I can't use the 3G service when out and about without risking draining all the battery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Apple Devices forum as this is more of a technical issue than a Consumer Issue

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭guil

How much would you use the phone and how many hours would you get out of it, it could be that you are in an area with weak 3G signal so it constantly changes between GPRS/EDGE and that uses a lot of battery

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Ray Dow

guil wrote: »
    How much would you use the phone and how many hours would you get out of it, it could be that you are in an area with weak 3G signal so it constantly changes between GPRS/EDGE and that uses a lot of battery

I wouldn't have high usage tbh. Check the Internet once or twice every hour, a few texts and maybe a couple of phone calls a day.

The main drain is when I turn on the mobile data. For example I took the phone off charge at 4:20 and it was at 74%, mobile data was off and I used the phone for a couple of texts and a quick bit of gaming. I turned on the mobile data at 5:30 and the battery was at 70%, now at 6:10 after a bit of Internet use and on standby it's down to 56%

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭guil

what is the signal like?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Ray Dow

guil wrote: »
    what is the signal like?

I'm based in Limerick city so the signal isn't bad, it generally hovers around 3 or 4 bars. I have seen it drop lower at times tho now that u mention it

• Advertisement
Advertisement