Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of cast do you want for the new films?

Options
  • 26-01-2013 2:49pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking about this in work the other day, what way do you want to go cast wise for the new films:

All the old cast reunited

New cast of unknowns

New cast of A-listers

The child in me that still loves these films deep down would love the old cast front and centre but in reality I think it Will be a cast of unknown characters with some familiar faces floating in and out...

Worst case scenario for me would be if it was turned into a "Tom Cruise" film or Pitt/Clooney or whoever, it's not that they aren't good actors and all it just wouldnt fit right to me.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think a cast of talented unknowns, maybe with a short cameo by some of the original cast would be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Unkown or less known would be fine but I really hope they don't try to pull some big name in for the selling power.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

EnterNow wrote: »
    I think a cast of talented unknowns, maybe with a short cameo by some of the original cast would be perfect

Exactly what I think! Would love to catch a small glimpse of Luke, Han, etc... depending on what area they take the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Mark Hamill killed off in the first reel.A battle like the one in Jay and Silent Bob would be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Given what the did with the casting for the prequals I suspect we'll see talented less knowns with a few big names in minor parts.

Apparantly George Lucas asked Mark Hammill if he'd be interesting in doing EP 7 back when they were shooting a new hope.

I doubt they'll kill any of them off because Lucas film holds all the extended universe stuff to be cannon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

This will be a Disney movie so I would fear the chances of a cast of talented unknowns are fairly slight.

Lets just get one out of the way.

Samuel L. Jackson will be in it, because he's, well in everything...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I think to handle it the same way as star trek,
    A cast of relatively unknowns (they were at the time of the first trek movie) and a small tie to the previous movies.
    That or no ties whatsoever .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I think to handle it the same way as star trek,
    A cast of relatively unknowns (they were at the time of the first trek movie) and a small tie to the previous movies.
    That or no ties whatsoever .

On ya,

Perhaps unknown is the wrong word to use. Star Trek cast is a perfect example of what I think will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Justin Bieber and Shia LaBouef as jedi, Eddie Murphy in a fat suit as a Hutt, Adam Sandler as the villain, Miley Cyrus the love interest. If we want cameos from the originals, keep it to Ahmed Best as Jar Jar, and maybe the ghosts of Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman in a love scene, no need to have too many of them.

goose2005 wrote: »
    Justin Bieber and Shia LaBouef as jedi, Eddie Murphy in a fat suit as a Hutt, Adam Sandler as the villain, Miley Cyrus the love interest. If we want cameos from the originals, keep it to Ahmed Best as Jar Jar, and maybe the ghosts of Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman in a love scene, no need to have too many of them.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or permaban you :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Harrison Ford to appear as Han Solo and say 'I'm getting too old for this' at least once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The old cast would be way too old for this.

One person I would love to see in it, because he is supreme in anything he does, is Michael Sheen. Any role he plays, he is just eminently watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭smiddyboy

Shia LaBouef as the son of Han Solo ???? :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Thrawn

I wouldn't mind seeing some A list TV stars stepping up to the big screen and also some Broadway actors come over to the world of Film as the can project great presence and could be great Jedi.

I really wouldn't be in favor of seeing big name Hollywood stars involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Kelly Reilly for a start. She's hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Cillian Murphy would make a good Jedi or a bad ass Sith he seems to good at being bad and good at being good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

I hope they find the right balance of CGI with practical effects. I love props, I love models, miniatures, matte paintings...I'm sort of old school. I think if you go too far in the direction of CGI it winds up looking like just a giant a video game, and that's unfortunate. ... If they listen to me at all, it'll be, 'Lighten up and go retro with the way it looks

Here here. Well said Mr Hamill

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Benedict Cumberbatch would've been a great choice, maybe for a Sith or "bad" Jedi; of course that's probably out of the question now that he's in Star Trek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Think the approach of talented unknowns with some known talent and some former cast...something that they did with the Star Trek reboot*

*Eric Bana and Leonard Nimoy was the the only cast member's I knew beforehand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Think the approach of talented unknowns with some known talent and some former cast...something that they did with the Star Trek reboot*

*Eric Bana and Leonard Nimoy was the the only cast member's I knew beforehand

Really? You didn't know Zachary Pinto, Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, the dude from Harold and Kumar, the girl from Avatar...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Really? You didn't know Zachary Pinto, Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, the dude from Harold and Kumar, the girl from Avatar...?

Zachary Quinto reckonised him from American Horror Story, but didn't know who he was, or what else he'd done
    Sorry knew Simon Pegg...Not really an A-Lister tho
    Whats Harold and Kumar?
    Girl from Avatar...A movie were she was digitally made over and blue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I'm not surprised, they'll fall like domineos now. Not a bad thing if they handle it right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Anthony Daniels will be there anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Tigger wrote: »
    Anthony Daniels will be there anyway

Don't be so sure. If I told you half the things I've heard about this JJ Abrams, you'd probably short-circuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Id love to see Sean Bean in it, why you ask cause hes cool as **** :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Don't be so sure. If I told you half the things I've heard about this JJ Abrams, you'd probably short-circuit.

*whistle* *beep*

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

astonaidan wrote: »
    Id love to see Sean Bean in it, why you ask cause hes cool as **** :cool:

Someone has to die in the film I suppose :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

As it's Disney sure Jonny Depp will get a huge part as the Jedi who saves all Jedi's

Advertisement