Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hows everyone doing in Computer Science?

Options
  • 26-01-2013 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I got a place as a mature student for this year but due to family circumstances I had to defer for the year.

Just wanted to check how everyone is doing with the course? Is it as tough as everyone says it is?

Also any other years apart from first year I'd appreciate your feedback too!

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fear corcaigh

Though maybe, I would say more intense than tough but very manageable if you attend everything and keep up to date with stuff. You can see the numbers dropping at the moment and people struggling at stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Its only really considered 'tough' because so many see it as an easy way into a good University but then realize there not good at maths and have no interest in the course and end up dropping out..much like Biological and Chemical Sciences which i was in which has a 70% fail/drop out rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FionnOh

Anyone know if it's possible to transfer from 1st arts (w/computer science) to full-on computer Science in 2nd year?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Depends im pretty sure you have to meet with the head of the department your transferring too and talk with him about why you want to do the course.

I don't think there's any problem transferring across colleges though once they think you'll actually be able to do the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FionnOh

Yeah, I'd say it's quite a step up from the fairly broad module we do in Arts.

All the same it'd be good to know I have the option.
    I'll get in touch with the dept. directly I'd say..

Cheers for that

• Advertisement
Advertisement