Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow v Waterford Which city is the best for living?

Options
  • 26-01-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello.

I just wonder about city between Carlow and Waterford.
    I come from South Korea Capital Seoul, and that city has crazy temperature.(In Summer grow more 35 and in Winter down -10 to -15) So, i'm looking foward the city best for living! Could you give me some information about the city? Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

There's not much difference weather wise tbh. If I had to choose, I would choose Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Temperature wise there's not much difference as both locations are less than an hour's drive away. I think Carlow as it's inland may be a small bit colder but probably only a degree or two.

Waterford is a city, population approximately 50000. It's down in the south of the country, near the beach and mountains. WIT is larger and generally regarded as one of the best Institutes of technology http://www.4icu.org/ie/. Carlow is a bit further down the list, but still good.

Carlow is a town, which is after growing rapidly over the last number of years, but it's population is still only 14000 http://www.cso.ie/census/table8.htm. It is more central than Waterford and closer to Dublin. It's IT is better established in certain areas, particularly Video Games and programming as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Waterford would be your best bet I think. You'll be getting the same weather wise, however Waterford as a city would be better as it's twice the size of Carlow so you'll have more facilities around you. Carlow isn't classed as a city anyway, just a town.
    And Waterford IT would be held in higher regard than Carlow so you'll have a lot more diverse and bigger campus.

Advertisement